Search for a artist Messages in this topic - RSS

Nenja
Nenja

11/21/2021

Nenja
Nenja
Is there a way to search my collection on this database for a certain artist?

Thanks,

Joe
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/21/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Hi,
I don't think there's an easy way. If you check issue by issue, and the artist name has been filled in before, then it should have a creators list, then you can make your own list to save on your device. that'd be slow going if you have a lot of comics. If you want to know how many comics you have by an artist, then google the artist's name (and maybe including a title or titles) and you'll probably find some database lists, or try comics.org advanced search. You don't have to fill in all the sections, just what's necessary: https://www.comics.org/search/advanced/
I haven't had much luck with their advanced search, I get either no results or way too many, but you can fool with it and see how it goes. Their regular search only lets you use 1 criteria, so you could use the artist name and then you'd get ALL the comics they've done, which could be a huge list. good luck.
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

11/21/2021

kds_comics
kds_comics
If you go to the main menu then select “price guide” and arrow down the menu to “creators”.
You type in and/or select creator CPG will list every comic by that creator.

Yes you would think you could just “list all” and then have a function to select that creator’s work in your inventory.
Alas this is a manual process.

Automating would be nice but not yet implemented.
KDS
+1 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/21/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
kds_comics wrote:
If you go to the main menu then select “price guide” and arrow down the menu to “creators”.
You type in and/or select creator CPG will list every comic by that creator.
KDS

cool, I didn't know that. found out you have to be logged in to see the creators choice in the drop down menu for some reason, not sure why, but it won't show to me if not logged in. Never had to use it, so never paid attention to all the choices in that menu. ya learn sumpthin' all the time...
edited by collectibleshop on 11/21/2021
0 link