Verifying Data Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

10/4/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When you verify data please confirm that you are correct. I know that seems obvious but we have some "misses" on things that are actually correct. There are several things that could cause issues depending on your perspective so I'd like to explain some differences.

There is usually more than one editor. You could have the book editor and the editor in chief. Both can be listed.

Cover artists can include the colorist and the inker if they are different than the artist. It isn't mandatory that you list all but it's an option you might see.

The publisher should be the first place to search for verifying data, then places like Comics.org or MyComicShop.com or a published list from a distributor. These are trusted sources.

As a staff, we don't usually verify data because we are changing values, adding UPC codes, adding variants, and a million other things. If you get a "miss" that means one of your fellow members said it was incorrect. Eventually misses will disappear and they don't have a big impact. (Unless you make it habitual or malicious and we have to eliminate your verifying abilities.)

I hope that helps clarify things,
Ron
+1 link