What If...? Messages in this topic - RSS

glorkar
glorkar

9/26/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Sooooo, who's watching it? What are your thoughts? Do you have a favorite episode?

I'm gonna be honest. I can't remember specifics from a lot of the episodes without looking into it.
I don't know. They were all okay, but none of them were great? Like, I don't regret watching them, but I'm truly not going to remember any of them in a month or so.

The first episode with Peggy as a super soldier was probably my favorite, if I had to pick one. Not sure why. Maybe because I have a soft spot for female protagonists.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

9/27/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Defiant1 wrote:

The Dr. Strange episode made no sense to me because it conflicted with the events in the movie, yet the cartoon made it appear that the events in the movie were impossible.

I just felt that all of it was really poor writing. I feel that the animation is overly cliche with exaggerated expressions and reactions.

The only thing I liked about any of them is that they got some of the actual actors to do the voice work on many characters. Everything else was forgettable.

Being different than the movies is the whole point of the series.
In the Dr. Strange episode, the whole premise is What If instead of becoming a cripple, he lost the love of his life?
Instead of spending his life trying to get his old life back, he spends it trying to simply bring her back to life.
It's that driving force that takes him down a dark path while he tries to change the unchangeable.

That's what the multiverse is all about. One small change can have a drastic impact on the outcome of everything else.
+2 link