Is "Pudge" the same publication as "The Futhere Fattening Adventures of Pudge"?

Yes: 0
No: 0

Pudge and Further Adventures of Pudge Messages in this topic - RSS

kds_comics
kds_comics

8/15/2021

kds_comics
kds_comics
to The Admins - Perhaps this should go in the missing issues section but more appropriate here.
My best guess is that these are both the same comic - but perhaps further research will tell they are two different publications.

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/pudge/2/ucuqju

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/the-further-fattening-adventures-of-pudge-girl-blimp/2/vhvpjp

The issue is quite confusing as there is not a normal indica to tell the publisher or the date of publication.

I believe I have The Further Adventures of Pudge Girl Blimp

Title "The Further Fattening Adventures of Pudge Girl Blimp" is both on the cover and in the indica
Simply says copyright by Lee Mars 1975 and published by Mike Fredrick.

Cover says "Star Reach" but CPG database says Last Gasp.

Indica says $0.75 is the price but no price on cover.

And thoughts as to if this is the same comic or two different publications?
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

8/15/2021

Defiant1
Defiant1
I'm not that knowledgeable about underground comics.
I could see this being printed by Star Reach and reprinted by Last Gasp.

Last Gasp has a lot of multiple printings on their stuff.
0 link
Casper0312
Casper0312

8/15/2021

Casper0312
Casper0312
It looks like the series switched publishers.

Indicia for issue #1:

Indicia for Issue #2:

Here is issue #3 indicia:
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

8/17/2021

kds_comics
kds_comics
Casper0312 wrote:
It looks like the series switched publishers.

Indicia for issue #1:

Indicia for Issue #2:

Here is issue #3 indicia:

Thanks - I hope the admins will take this up. #1 says Last Gasp on the indica and Star Reach on the cover. If it was a Last Gasp reprint I would think it would have a cover price. Remains confusing!
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

8/17/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
kds_comics wrote:
Thanks - I hope the admins will take this up. #1 says Last Gasp on the indica and Star Reach on the cover. If it was a Last Gasp reprint I would think it would have a cover price. Remains confusing!

I believe the cover price is 'hidden' on the soda can in front on her foot, it's $1. multiple sites I found say the 1st print is $1, second is $1.25. Wouldn't be the first time a cover and indicia didn't agree. you can ask on the CGC forums, plenty of underground experts there. thought there was a forum for just undergrounds, but don't see it now.
edited by collectibleshop on 8/17/2021
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

8/17/2021

kds_comics
kds_comics
collectibleshop wrote:
kds_comics wrote:

I believe the cover price is 'hidden' on the soda can in front on her foot, it's $1. multiple sites I found say the 1st print is $1, second is $1.25. Wouldn't be the first time a cover and indicia didn't agree. you can ask on the CGC forums, plenty of underground experts there. thought there was a forum for just undergrounds, but don't see it now.

edited by collectibleshop on 8/17/2021

You are correct on the soda can price. The indica interior says the send away price for additional copies is $0.75.
0 link