Wanna have my comics graded Messages in this topic - RSS

Bigunk39
Bigunk39

7/26/2021

Bigunk39
Bigunk39
How can I have my comic books graded I have a few nice ones some are autographed
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/26/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
You can send books to CGC or CBCS for grading. Just do a google search and either will come up. If your books are autographed at a convention without authentication, I'd suggest CBCS since they can do that.
Ron
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

7/26/2021

lokyel
lokyel
for the autos use CBCS cgc will not varify the autos
0 link
austenjt
austenjt

2/5/2022

austenjt
austenjt
I have heard that sometimes comic shops will help you manage your comic grading by sending them off for you? is this true?
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

2/6/2022

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
austenjt wrote:
I have heard that sometimes comic shops will help you manage your comic grading by sending them off for you? is this true?

if you have a local shop that's an authorized CGC dealer, they can submit and ship your comics to CGC, and probably give you help with approx grades and what's worth sending in. Only the shop will be able to track the progress of the order tho. You can see their list of dealers by doing a search for your state on this page: https://www.cgccomics.com/services/dealerlisting.aspx
it may not be up to date either, so you can google shops in your area with "cgc member (or authorized) dealer in " and see if any others come up. If nothing is close, you can also ship your comics to a CGC member dealer that is ok with that, and let them handle things, but that costs you more shipping since you'll have to pay the shop for shipping to and from CGC and then back to you, and slabs weigh a lot, so it adds up. Plus there's more handing involved, more people inspecting/packing etc, so more of a chance for damage. You can join CGC for $25 and up and submit stuff yourself, and run them by a local shop first for grade opinions if you need.
edited by collectibleshop on 2/6/2022
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

2/6/2022

BasementComics
BasementComics
collectibleshop wrote:
austenjt wrote:

if you have a local shop that's an authorized CGC dealer, they can submit and ship your comics to CGC, and probably give you help with approx grades and what's worth sending in. Only the shop will be able to track the progress of the order tho. You can see their list of dealers by doing a search for your state on this page: https://www.cgccomics.com/services/dealerlisting.aspx
it may not be up to date either, so you can google shops in your area with "cgc member dealer in " and see if any others come up. If nothing is close, you can also ship your comics to a CGC member dealer that is ok with that, and let them handle things, but that costs you more shipping since you'll have to pay the shop for shipping to and from CGC and then back to you, and slabs weigh a lot, so it adds up. Plus there's more handing involved, more people inspecting/packing etc, so more of a chance for damage. You can join CGC for $25 and up and submit stuff yourself, and run them by a local shop first for grade opinions if you need.

CGC will not verify the signature so for those, you'll want to use CBCS.

They have a store locator too. Store Locator | CBCS Comics
Keep in mind that for both companies, lead times are really long so if you want to get your books back fast(er), you'll want to pay for the expedited (fast pass) service.
edited by BasementComics on 2/6/2022
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

2/6/2022

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
the guy asking about a shop sending in his comics isn't the OP with the signed ones smile
0 link