Star Wars Previews - First Kanan? Messages in this topic - RSS

Draven68
Draven68

7/17/2021

Draven68
Draven68
I recently bought some comics and in the lot was "Star Wars Previews 001". I can't find it on the site and I also bring up the question if this is in fact the true first appearance of Kanan Jarrus. This actually has the preview of "Kanan the Last Padawan". which from what I guess is what they're saying is the first appearance. I should also state that he does appear in the book.
edited by Draven68 on 7/17/2021
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

7/17/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
I don't find it here either, even just searching Previews. CPG does list other preview comics and stuff like Dark Horse Insider, so guess this qualifies to be listed, but just isn't. So, if Kanan the Last Padawan is the 1st app within a regular series, then this preview would precede that, so technically his 1st app..This kind of stuff never used to be considered 1st app's, but these days anything goes.

Here's more info for someone to input (I haven't 'verified' this with 10 other sites, but no reason to believe someone with a Star Wars blog would need lie about it):

From http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/search?q=star+wars+previews :

"At the Star Wars Celebration 2015 in Anaheim, 2 different versions of the Star Wars Previews #1 were distributed. One preview has a Star Wars: Lando ad on the back and the other has the Max Ride: First Flight Preview #1 on the other side. This version with the Max Ride preview was also distributed at New York Book Con 2015. The version with the Max Ride preview has more pages. Neither version seems to be harder to find than the other and both seem to sell for around the same price on e***."

From a SW wiki site:

Publisher: Marvel Comics
Publication date: April 16, 2015
Pages 32

Contents:
Star Wars 1
Darth Vader 1
Princess Leia 1
Kanan 1

Writers:
Jason Aaron
Kieron Gillen
Mark Waid
Greg Weisman

Cover artist: John Cassaday

Pencillers:
John Cassaday
Salvador Larroca
Terry Dodson
Pepe Larraz

Letterers:
Chris Eliopoulos
Joe Caramagna

Colorists:
Laura Martin
Edgar Delgado

And that's alls I know (from "The Princess Bride").

edited by collectibleshop on 7/17/2021
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

7/17/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Always love a Princess Bride reference.
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

7/19/2021

lokyel
lokyel
Most are listed

Values of Star Wars:May The 4Th Previews | ComicsPriceGuide.com | Free Comic Book Price Guide

Star Wars 2018 Sampler #1 Values and Pricing | Marvel Comics | The Comic Price Guide (comicspriceguide.com)

Star Wars Movie Sampler #1 Values and Pricing | Marvel Comics | The Comic Price Guide (comicspriceguide.com)

Star Wars Reads Free Sampler #1 Values and Pricing | Marvel Comics | The Comic Price Guide (comicspriceguide.com)

but din't find this one

we also recieved this title in at our store but I don't recall what the add on the back cover was.
0 link
Draven68
Draven68

7/19/2021

Draven68
Draven68
This is the cover on the back
Attachments:
20210719_131445.jpg
0 link