Comics Going Up...Where is it coming from???? Messages in this topic - RSS

taskmaster
taskmaster

6/28/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Can anyone explain with NO movie and NO TV are "Common" books going crazy.....

Good Posting
-1 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

6/28/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
I don't know why you posted this twice but the comic market has gone up quite a bit in the past year we all have seen this. As for commons going up what commons are your referring to? My LCSs still have dollar bins for commons and there are plenty of sites online that I buy from to fill runs or story lines I am reading with books that aren't keys or expensive. This site has books as well. If your buying on EBay your paying more for pretty much everything. EBay right now is like trying to go to HA and find a deal.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

6/28/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
I read the newsletter that Mile High Comics sends out and it helps give some insight into the industry. I just don't buy from them as their prices are more heavily inflated.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

6/29/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Theoldcollector wrote:
I don't know why you posted this twice but the comic market has gone up quite a bit in the past year we all have seen this. As for commons going up what commons are your referring to? My LCSs still have dollar bins for commons and there are plenty of sites online that I buy from to fill runs or story lines I am reading with books that aren't keys or expensive. This site has books as well. If your buying on EBay your paying more for pretty much everything. EBay right now is like trying to go to HA and find a deal.

Dr Strange #48 second series with Brother Voodoo why? No TV and NO movie
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

6/29/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
I think Doctor Strange #48 is the first time Strange and Brother Voodoo meet. Brother Voodoo is in the upcoming Dr Strange Movie so it's speculators driving up the cost on that one.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

6/29/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Theoldcollector wrote:
I think Doctor Strange #48 is the first time Strange and Brother Voodoo meet. Brother Voodoo is in the upcoming Dr Strange Movie so it's speculators driving up the cost on that one.

Once again SPECULATION that it MAY be true...When did this trend start?? A book got HOT because of something actually HAPPENING....NOt speculation is that what is driving the market now? a book MAY be hot instead of actually being hot??

Whaaaaa?

And why is it when this happens people have to pay big $$$ for these books because of E-Bay?

Whaaaaa?
edited by Taskmaster on 6/29/2021
-1 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

6/29/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Speculation is not new. It has been part of the market for quite a long time. Due to the market being so high right now spec books go for higher amounts than you are used to? There are a lot of other places to find books other than E-Bay. I am a collector not a flipper or seller and I try and avoid E-Bay because the prices there tend to be higher-way higher for most books. Shop around or go to your LCS or even look on here. Or give it time and see if Brother Voodoo is not in the movie and buy it then when the price for that book drops. Or if he is in it buy it before it goes through the roof. Unfortunately that's just the way the market works.
0 link
Biddle7819
Biddle7819

6/29/2021

Biddle7819
Biddle7819
Well if you know it, don't bid it! End of the day people will pay what they want to to get something they desire - doesn't have to be a 'movie' maybe someone wants to fill a run. At the end of the day I will only pay what i consider is reasonable for a comic i want. I'll be honest too may people on here get caught up in what a certain issue/run/title is going for. Buy what you like and you will not go wrong
+1 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

6/29/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Biddle7819 wrote:
Well if you know it, don't bid it! End of the day people will pay what they want to to get something they desire - doesn't have to be a 'movie' maybe someone wants to fill a run. At the end of the day I will only pay what i consider is reasonable for a comic i want. I'll be honest too may people on here get caught up in what a certain issue/run/title is going for. Buy what you like and you will not go wrong

Yes I know all about what to do and not to do I've been buying for OVER 40 years...wink

It's just if someone wants something it's not as easy to get because of all the people with TOO much money on their hands and they send the prices thru the roof....

You know sometimes I wish comic books and other collectibles were the niche items again like they were years ago because you have to deal with the re-sellers (Scalpers) and the person that wants that $2 book and will throw $50 at it no matter what...Whaaaaa?
0 link