Dig using a new grader? Messages in this topic - RSS

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/25/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Does anyone else here use dig for auctions? They normally always grade something dead on or under so if you order a 6 you can bet it's a 6 or better. Looking at tonight's auction I don't know if my eyes or off or if something has changed. This ASM is listed as F/VF with a back looking like this? Not used to that on Dig or maybe I'm wrong?

Attachments:
ASMBack.jpg
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/25/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
I definitely would not give it a VF. Per the grading guidelines from CPG, I can see where it could classify as a Fine. If Fine is willing to have a larger piece out of the cover, the foxing and soiling could bring it to a 6-ish.

Donald

Slightly better condition than FINE +: 6.5, but in lesser condition than the grade above.

FINE+ : 6.5
FINE : 6.0
FINE- : 5.5

This comic is definitely a well-read copy, but can still be a very desirable copy.

• This could have one major defect like a larger piece out of the cover (1/4 inch to 1/8 inch) or a one-inch plus tear.
  • It has stress lines around the staples and creases from the opening and closing of the cover.
  • The whiteness of the pages has been changed to off-white to yellowish color.
  • This could have a reading or subscription crease or a rolled spine, but is not damaged enough to reduce eye appeal dramatically.
  • Some discoloration, fading in colors and even minor soiling is allowed.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/25/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
I think that one slipped on accident because like I said they are normally great on grading. I've never received anything from them and been disappointed just thought this one looked a little off tonight. Meanwhile I'm sitting here staring at the CLink auctions tonight as well telling myself not to spend anymore money tonight smile
0 link