The Expanse Messages in this topic - RSS

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/22/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Just wondering if anyone else here watches The Expanse on Amazon? I've been burning through episodes of it like a mad man here lately. It's one of the best sci-fi shows I have seen in a long time. And technically it can now fall into the comic book world because there is a comic series for it now too. I have the comics but I have not read them yet due to I don't want them to spoil anything on the show for me.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/22/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
I haven't seen it but have been getting into Jupiter's Legacy.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/22/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
BasementComics wrote:

If you like Sci-Fi I would recommend checking it out. I haven't started Jupiter's Legacy yet. The reviews I saw were not that great for Jupiter's Legacy but comic fans can be pretty savage when it comes to their reading material put on the screen so I plan to check it out as soon as I finish the Expanse.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

6/2/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
BasementComics wrote:

I just watched Jupiter's Legacy's first season and thought it was okay but I just now saw that it has already been canceled. That was quick, especially for Netflix.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

6/2/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Dang. And I actually l liked it.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

6/3/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
BasementComics wrote:
Dang. And I actually l liked it.

For a first season I thought it was good. I thought it was a mistake when I first read about it getting canceled. Thankfully there is a ton of stuff to watch. I somehow didn't realize there was a DC Titans show on HBO and there is already two seasons of it. So that's what I just started binge watching.
0 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

6/5/2021

rgtichy
rgtichy
I have to say, I didn't "see" New Teen Titans as a horror comic when I was reading it in the early 1980's, but Titans makes a great case for that. I hate the theme music, though. And it is in the credits too, so when binge watching, you get like 9 minutes of buuut-dut-duttah-dah-dutt-dut-duddah-dah repeated over and over and... you the picture.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

6/7/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
rgtichy wrote:
I have to say, I didn't "see" New Teen Titans as a horror comic when I was reading it in the early 1980's, but Titans makes a great case for that. I hate the theme music, though. And it is in the credits too, so when binge watching, you get like 9 minutes of buuut-dut-duttah-dah-dutt-dut-duddah-dah repeated over and over and... you the picture.

I watch it in the HBO app and just fast forward through it lol. That theme music has got to go. I wish the app would add a skip the previously on portion, intro and title screen automatically.
+1 link