Information about the forum Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/10/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We have bought a new forum and are still working with the manufacturer about how to move everything over. I'm not sure how long this will take because it's an extra duty for our programmer. I will keep you updated as things progress. Our goal is for it to be seamless.

We routinely have our competitors and spammers visit our forums and try to act like regular users. Because of that, here are things that will get your post deleted. Please understand that I will not delete your post if you disagree with me. I enjoy good discussions with opposing viewpoints.
1. Naming our online competitors on our forums. It's our forums so we choose not to see their names on it.
2. Harsh words directed at other members. We want everyone to feel welcome.
3. Posting something in the wrong area or duplicate posts. If you didn't repost it, I will move it to the correct forum.
4. Spamming the forum with links to wonderful websites not related to the hobby.

Things you can link to
1. An interesting article about a topic we are discussing. (no competitors) If you have a website that talks about something like UPC's or other topics that's totally fine to link to it in the right discussion.
2. A link to someone else's auction that is interesting on eBay, ComicLink, or Heritage. I've seen some crazy ones.
3. On the auction forum, you can post one link to your auctions.

Most of you are helpful to newbies who ask the same questions. (where are the annuals) Thank you for your help in answering those questions.

This morning I noticed 15 topics that were discussed in the last 24 hours and I started just 2. That's what we want. We want this to be a friendly place where good discussion happen on the usual.
Have a good day,
Ron
+2 link
glorkar
glorkar

5/10/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Thanks for the update. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't have a problem with the existing forum, but I look forward to what is to come.
This is a great site with a great community. Glad to be a part of it.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

5/10/2021

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Sweet, Can't wait Ron.
I still remember the old forum, It was good.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/10/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Looking forward to it!!
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/10/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Liking this.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

5/10/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
good to hear, hope we get some functionality back that's useful. Ron, could you PM or email people who ask with a list of who you consider the competition? If you list them here, then your break your own rule, then we're in a Knights Who Say 'Ni' situation.

So I'd like the list so I'm sure who not to post links to, thanks.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

5/10/2021

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Nice "Monty Python" reference collectable...
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/11/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
collectibleshop wrote:
good to hear, hope we get some functionality back that's useful. Ron, could you PM or email people who ask with a list of who you consider the competition? If you list them here, then your break your own rule, then we're in a Knights Who Say 'Ni' situation.

So I'd like the list so I'm sure who not to post links to, thanks.

Same please.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/11/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If a company says they are a price guide and they are online then they are competition. A list would be dated since they appear and then fade over time. I'm not going to limit it with a list. As a point of reference, we are double the size of the next closest competitor. (who scrapped our site for their data)

It's different for the comic book sales side of things since we don't make anything from sales. So you can post a Heritage, Comic Link, eBay link.
Ron
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

5/11/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Ronbatman wrote:
If a company says they are a price guide and they are online then they are competition. A list would be dated since they appear and then fade over time. I'm not going to limit it with a list. As a point of reference, we are double the size of the next closest competitor. (who scrapped our site for their data)

It's different for the comic book sales side of things since we don't make anything from sales. So you can post a Heritage, Comic Link, eBay link.
Ron

ok.
0 link