The greed in this market is getting crazy Messages in this topic - RSS

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/6/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
It amazes me on how greedy some of the people are getting in this market right now. I was just checking online at one of the larger back issue websites and they have a Conan #23 Raw Fine for $255 you can get a CGC 9.0 for that price even in today's market lol. I just called out a youtuber for this same this kind of greed. He was selling his books on his own to his fans for well above FMV price. He's already making a better profit by saving on the fees associated with selling on sites like Ebay he was greedy enough to try and rip off his own followers and try and sell above FMV. So I gladly called him out on it in front of his followers. I understand everyone can sell what they have for whatever price they want but when it comes to an actual business to it's customers or a Youtuber ripping off his own fans, I find that poor in taste and their greed is just sad.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

5/6/2021

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Actually, since the announcement of the Netflix movie, Raw Fine on Ebay have sold for $250 + and Raw 9.0 have sold for over $450. Announcements for shows/movies make prices go through the roof instantly. Its like playing the stock market, one must keep an eye on everything. smile CRAZY
+1 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/6/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
The 90 day average for a CGC 9.0 is $280 those $450 Raws on Ebay were not that high. They were listed that high but the best offer was taken on them.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/6/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Even new books like the Batman/Fortnite issues have been going crazy although it seems like it's dying down.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/6/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
That Batman/Fortnite is all for the code that can be used in the game for different stuff. My kid wants them real bad right now and even #2 was already sold out at my LCS this week. But my LCS says they are going to issue the Fortnite codes in the reprints as well so the people paying crazy prices to get that code are wasting their money.
0 link
Biddle7819
Biddle7819

5/6/2021

Biddle7819
Biddle7819
That is speculation - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. If they didn't print the code in the reprints then it's a winner
0 link
Biddle7819
Biddle7819

5/6/2021

Biddle7819
Biddle7819
My son, who plays Fortnite would pay the price whether it was first, second, third or 18th print if he wanted that skin - hobby crossover
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

5/9/2021

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
People can ask whatever they want for a book. You are under no obligation to pay that. There's ALWAYS someone asking crazy prices and there's always going to be complaints about it.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

5/13/2021

kds_comics
kds_comics
rixmaxx wrote:
Actually, since the announcement of the Netflix movie, Raw Fine on Ebay have sold for $250 + and Raw 9.0 have sold for over $450. Announcements for shows/movies make prices go through the roof instantly. Its like playing the stock market, one must keep an eye on everything. smile CRAZY

It is like day trading the stock market. Proceed with caution!
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/13/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
kds_comics wrote:

Now that is a fact smile This market is going crazy right now. I'm happy to see it go up, I just wish I had bought more before it did. It's getting so crazy right now I may never get some of the older books that I wish I had in my collection. Still adding to my collection but this market has slowed down the amount of books I'm buying, drastically.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/13/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Theoldcollector wrote:
kds_comics wrote:

Now that is a fact smile This market is going crazy right now. I'm happy to see it go up, I just wish I had bought more before it did. It's getting so crazy right now I may never get some of the older books that I wish I had in my collection. Still adding to my collection but this market has slowed down the amount of books I'm buying, drastically.

I've been thinking that for years on the Golden Age Batman and Detective I need. I may have to resign myself to the fact I won't get much better than I what I have (missing 9 Batman and 26 Detective).
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/13/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
BasementComics wrote:
I've been thinking that for years on the Golden Age Batman and Detective I need. I may have to resign myself to the fact I won't get much better than I what I have (missing 9 Batman and 26 Detective).

First of all that's one heck of a run you have there if that's all you're missing. Second you're way too close to give up now smile Just going to have to wheel and deal as they say. I'm wondering on just how high this market is going to go. Right now it seems as if it's never going to stop climbing. I don't want it to crash but I sure wish it would at least plateau for a little while and let me catch up lol. I've never sold a comic book before but I'm starting to contemplate buying everything I come across under FMV now that I don't even care about so I can trade or sell it later to get some these books that are starting to get out of my reach.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/13/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Theoldcollector wrote:
BasementComics wrote:

First of all that's one heck of a run you have there if that's all you're missing. Second you're way too close to give up now smile Just going to have to wheel and deal as they say. I'm wondering on just how high this market is going to go. Right now it seems as if it's never going to stop climbing. I don't want it to crash but I sure wish it would at least plateau for a little while and let me catch up lol. I've never sold a comic book before but I'm starting to contemplate buying everything I come across under FMV now that I don't even care about so I can trade or sell it later to get some these books that are starting to get out of my reach.

Thanks. I started collecting seriously back in '89. I can't seem to justify spending $1000 on a coverless Batman #9 (for example) just because someone greedy is trying artificially inflate the market. Most of the books I'm missing outside of keys, in theory, I should be able to pick up for a couple hundred each. Not anymore. Especially if sellers get them graded and then the gloves are off.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/13/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Speaking of Detective Comics have you seen any of the Promise Collection coming up for sale? They have a 9.8 Detective Comics #118 What the hell? That promise collection is going to be crazy, a ton of great books in high grade form.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

5/14/2021

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Theoldcollector wrote:
Speaking of Detective Comics have you seen any of the Promise Collection coming up for sale? They have a 9.8 Detective Comics #118 What the hell? That promise collection is going to be crazy, a ton of great books in high grade form.

That collection is UNBELIEVABLE! Duhh
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/14/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
rixmaxx wrote:

That collection is UNBELIEVABLE! Duhh

And they haven't even shown it all yet according to Heritage.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/14/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
I have not seen it yet. I should go check it out.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

5/14/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
BasementComics wrote:
I have not seen it yet. I should go check it out.

I have seen a couple of videos about it and read a few articles talking about this collection it seems as if over 90% of the collection is in extraordinary high grades topping the previous highest grades seen for some of the issues.
edited by TheOldCollector on 5/14/2021
0 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

5/15/2021

rustyauger
rustyauger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcnPjTlLgOU&t=609s
+1 link
leigh28
leigh28

8/26/2021

leigh28
leigh28
Theoldcollector wrote:
It amazes me on how greedy some of the people are getting in this market right now. I was just checking online at one of the larger back issue websites and they have a Conan #23 Raw Fine for $255 you can get a CGC 9.0 for that price even in today's market lol. I just called out a youtuber for this same this kind of greed. He was selling his books on his own to his fans for well above FMV price. He's already making a better profit by saving on the fees associated with selling on sites like Ebay he was greedy enough to try and rip off his own followers and try and sell above FMV. So I gladly called him out on it in front of his followers. I understand everyone can sell what they have for whatever price they want but when it comes to an actual business to it's customers or a Youtuber ripping off his own fans, I find that poor in taste and their greed is just sad.

And yet people are buying them. If no one was greedy we'd still be paying cover price for things
0 link