ENIAC #1 and Bad Idea Messages in this topic - RSS

drsettleton
drsettleton

3/7/2021

drsettleton
drsettleton
I just picked up a first printing of ENIAC #1 from eBay for $125 and was wondering what the community here thinks about the artificial scarcity of this comic publisher (Not even in the comicspriceguide listings yet) and what you all think about the comic in general. The reviews seem to be pretty good. I spent the money for a few reasons-
#1- no comic store in my area was carrying the book.
#2- the Hero Trade ashcan they put out six months ago sells on eBay between 600-1000 when it sells.
#3- ENIAC #1 is the first comic by a brand new publisher, and if the company succeeds the first printing of this issue should always retain value. If they fail...err...I also own the entire run of DEFIANT comics, so I know how that works. (Prob paid the same amount for that run when it originally came out too
#4- There will never be any true second or third prints. The first print has the logo in white, all future prints will be basically made to order with a black logo and a mark that says "Not First Printing". This means the second prints will always be worth exactly cover price while the first prints (Which were intentionally made rare to make suckers like me throw down big bucks) will be the books collectors chase.
*******DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF BUYING THE BLACK TRADE DRESS NOT SECOND PRINT COVER FOR MORE THAN COVER PRICE!*********

Anyway, I noticed nobody was discussing these books here so I figured I'd add my two cents on them. The book is written by Matt Kindt (Who had BRZRKR come out the same week), and he is a pretty solid writer so fingers crossed its somewhat with the hype. Basically this company has made a statement that they will only release five titles a month going forward and all will have limited first prints with much more obtainable "Not First Prints". You can only get them through your LCS if they agree to some of Bad Idea's out there demands. The Bad Idea website has a list of participating comic shops if you are interested. https://www.badideacorp.com

Personally, I am only spending big on ENIAC 1 for speculation purposes and if the book is good will follow it in the second prints unless I can get my LCS to order it. I mostly spend money like that on older books but again for the reasons I specified above, I broke bad and my wallet for this one. Anyone else out there able to get a first print at their shops? VERY JEALOUS
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/8/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pics?
0 link
drsettleton
drsettleton

3/9/2021

drsettleton
drsettleton
0 link
drsettleton
drsettleton

3/9/2021

drsettleton
drsettleton
The above is the first print cover
0 link
drsettleton
drsettleton

3/9/2021

drsettleton
drsettleton
This is the "Not First Printing" with the black title top. Bad Idea will be reprinting this to meet demand so it is not recommended that anyone spend more than cover price on this book. All future printings will say "Not First Printing" and be indistinguishable from all other printings after the first. If you check eBay now people are spending up to $50 on this book and getting completely ripped off.
0 link