Back Issues- no cover Messages in this topic - RSS

TFabian
TFabian

1/31/2021

TFabian
TFabian
Hello to All.
I have a ton of Back Issues in my collection. And a bunch of them do not have covers (mostly 1960's - 1980's). Are they worth anything?
I am aware, of course, this depends on the condition, rarity, demand, etc. of the comic, but just trying to get a feel as to how much the average comic looses in value when there is no cover.
Any speculation on this?
Please advise.
Thanks,
Todd
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/31/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
In GENERAL (and a google search will get you many opinions and answers to this fairly common question), Overstreet usually says coverless comics are nearly worthless. Even their lowest grade of .5 still mentions having covers, beat as they may be. Now, a rare comic like Action #1 etc, will still fetch a good bit of money coverless if complete and not beat, as people may have original covers to stick on them, or just want as cheap a copy as they can find (and some are now getting individual pages graded and trying to sell them), but those are the exceptions. try doing some searches on that auction site for 'coverless whatever-issues-you-have' for SOLD prices and see what turns up. Amazing Spider-Man #1 may have some value coverless, but probably 90% or more lower than a low grade with cover, but I haven't checked that out.

Most 70s-80s mainstream comics are common, so without covers they're pretty worthless to COLLECTORS, but some kid may pay .25 just to read them, but these days most of those are online to read for free.
0 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

1/31/2021

rustyauger
rustyauger
Golden Age Batmans sell well coverless. They grade as a .3

I have been requesting that CPG add .3 to the grading list for when we input issues.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

1/31/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
If you have Golden age Batman or Detective,let me know as I would ne interested.

Donald
0 link
rustyauger
rustyauger

1/31/2021

rustyauger
rustyauger
ASM 121 coverless just sold

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-121-Coverless-1-Book-Death-of-Gwen-Stacy-Lee-Kane/193866212456?hash=item2d2353a468:g:aXUAAOSwQBtgEFGS

CPG has a .5 value at $3

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/amazing-spider-man-the/121/yoprl
edited by rustyauger on 1/31/2021
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

2/1/2021

lokyel
lokyel
I all ways looking threw my coverless issues for the hostess adds trying to complete a set of the spider-man ones
0 link