1/29/2021

Who grabbed the 1/1000 variant?
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

1/29/2021

glorkar
glorkar
I'm gonna grab a copy when my lcs finally gets it in. Just the standard cover though. I mean, how can't I when it's from Keanu Reeves?
+1 link
BattleFamousComics
BattleFamousComics

1/29/2021

Right behind you! I’m actually kinda bummed. I was supposed to get paid this morning and I was going to pick up some of the ratios variants that just dropped, nothing in bank yet! I’m so salty haha. Gotta wait till tomorrow or Monday. I will go cry now haha
0 link
BattleFamousComics
BattleFamousComics

1/30/2021

I just ordered the 1/500 - 200 - 100 - 50 variants ❤️ Picking up the basic copies, foils, and variants from local comic shop. I went all in! Haha will definitely be turning the high ratios into cgc
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

3/4/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Got my copy yesterday.
Gotta say, I'm not impressed.
The art style was too muddy for me. That first panel that had him punching through the guy's head had me staring at it and twisting /my/ head trying to figure out what exactly was going on.
The story was lackluster too. It repeated too much for so little dialog.
And the reveal at the end had me just shaking my head and laughing because of the number they chose. We get it, he's been alive a long time. But seriously?

I may be in the minority, but I'm not gonna be picking up the next issue.
0 link
drsettleton
drsettleton

3/7/2021

drsettleton
drsettleton
Assuming the print runs are as high as are being reported (600,000+ which is the most copies printed of a comic book since Star Wars 1 in 2015 is what I read) this book COULD end up being like 90's books- not worth much due to the high quantity available. (making the rarer variants perhaps more coveted) I picked up the A cover (Which looks great IMHO) for cover price and will prob stick around for the entire run unless it is obnoxiously bad at some point. I'm leaving the variant cover speculation risk to others on this book though. The only series I currently buy variant covers for in addition to the regular one is Ice Cream Man because I absolutely love them.
Issue 1 was ok enough to see where they go with it. The suped up violence kind of reminds me of what Mark Millar and Romita Jr. were originally going for with Kick-Ass only with a clawless Wolverine/Eternal warrior as the lead. I can see the violence for sure turning off many of the people that pick up issue 1 though. It's going to be interesting seeing where it goes.

That signed 1 in 1000 variant though! If I had enough money lying around to justify buying that I think I would just try for a low grade ASM 129 instead!
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

3/7/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
I would much rather have the AMS 129 for sure.
0 link
mel2700
mel2700

3/27/2021

mel2700
mel2700
BattleFamousComics wrote:
Who grabbed the 1/1000 variant?

got mine yesterday looks great
0 link
fdaz89
fdaz89

3/28/2021

fdaz89
fdaz89
ASM #129, too!
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

3/28/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
ASM #129 as well lol. I did pre-order some of the ratios for BRZRKR and I have a few of the random ratios of #1.
0 link
Wpaoli
Wpaoli

1/6/2022

Wpaoli
Wpaoli
drsettleton wrote:
Assuming the print runs are as high as are being reported (600,000+ which is the most copies printed of a comic book since Star Wars 1 in 2015 is what I read) this book COULD end up being like 90's books- not worth much due to the high quantity available. (making the rarer variants perhaps more coveted) I picked up the A cover (Which looks great IMHO) for cover price and will prob stick around for the entire run unless it is obnoxiously bad at some point. I'm leaving the variant cover speculation risk to others on this book though. The only series I currently buy variant covers for in addition to the regular one is Ice Cream Man because I absolutely love them.
Issue 1 was ok enough to see where they go with it. The suped up violence kind of reminds me of what Mark Millar and Romita Jr. were originally going for with Kick-Ass only with a clawless Wolverine/Eternal warrior as the lead. I can see the violence for sure turning off many of the people that pick up issue 1 though. It's going to be interesting seeing where it goes.

That signed 1 in 1000 variant though! If I had enough money lying around to justify buying that I think I would just try for a low grade ASM 129 instead!

Look at the second and third printing of the first book. 1st edition- 600,000+. 2nd edition- 100,000. 3rd edition 10,000 copies. There's a fouth edition... but who cares after that 10K run?
0 link