Would a press help? Messages in this topic - RSS

Xvipah73
Xvipah73

1/21/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
So, I just saw that my Ultimate Fallout #4 finished getting graded at CGC. I checked the graders notes and it came as a 9.2 because of 2 things:
"polybag crease center of cover
very light spine stress lines to cover"

I didn't know, before seeing this, that the center creases seem to be standard for this particular comic because of the polybag, etc... So, my question is, when I get it back, would sending it back for a press and re-grade be worthwhile? Like, would it possibly move it to a higher grade? Or, should I just be happy with my 9.2 and be done with it? Nothing says color breaking anywhere, so I feel like it might be worthwhile. But, I'm new to this, so I might be crazy also. smile

Thanks
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/21/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you send me a close up of the spine we can determine if a press would help. We do pressing here at CPG. If it breaks color then obviously a press won't help. If there are light spine stresses that don't break color, it will make a huge difference.
R
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

1/21/2021

glorkar
glorkar
More knowledgeable individuals will need to chime in on if that cover crease can be fixed. If it can, and it would improve the grade, it seems like it could totally be worth it. Just one grade higher adds $100 to the value. 2 grades almost doubles it.
+1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

1/21/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Hey, Ron. Thanks for that. When I get it back I'll take some shots and post them here. It got shipped out today I believe. I live about 15 miles from Sarasota, so I should get it back somewhat quickly. Took 2 days to get there when I sent them in.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

1/25/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Ronbatman wrote:
If you send me a close up of the spine we can determine if a press would help. We do pressing here at CPG. If it breaks color then obviously a press won't help. If there are light spine stresses that don't break color, it will make a huge difference.
R

Hey, Ron. Do you have an email addy or something I can send them to? I've tried posting to the boards a couple of times, but I keep getting errors.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/26/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Sure, it's ron (@) comicspriceguide.com
remove the spaces and parenthesis.
0 link

1/26/2021

Thanks much. Emails sent. I appreciate the help.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

1/26/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
That was me, I guess I got logged out while doing other things. Thanks again
0 link