Timeless and Virgin Variant Covers Messages in this topic - RSS

glorkar
glorkar

11/1/2020

glorkar
glorkar
How does everyone else feel about Timeless and Virgin variant covers?
I mean, they are usually gorgeous and nice to look at. But from a functional perspective? They kind of suck.
For instance, I just picked up the Timeless variant of Strange Academy #4 (only copy I could find of the issue). Beautiful art of Scarlet Witch on the cover. But you know what? She's not even in the issue. So just looking at a the cover of the book, if you didn't know, you would have no idea what title or issue number you were actually looking at. Especially after it's bagged and boarded.
So while it's kind of neat, I'm honestly going to try to avoid those covers if at all possible.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

11/1/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
I'm not familiar with "Timeless" (I'm really a DC guy) but agree on Virgin. They are super nice to look at but you're right, no data on the issue shown except, I believe, on the back or the indicia.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

11/2/2020

glorkar
glorkar
Yup yup. As a compromise, I really like the Minimal variant covers that DC has been doing. Just One or two very small lines of text in one corner and a slim barcode in another. Doesn't take away from the appeal at all in my opinion. And it seems (for the most part) that the image is relevant to the story.
0 link
Morbid616
Morbid616

1/5/2021

Morbid616
Morbid616
The only one I have like that is a Turok virgin art by Dynamite. I was surprised at how cheap it was because only 20 years ago all the kids were playing Turok Dinosaur Hunter. The franchise seems to be forgotten.
0 link