Star Wars Comics Messages in this topic - RSS

taskmaster
taskmaster

10/11/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
If Star Wars is such a "Dying" property why are all of the "Expanded Universe" Dark Horse comics going crazy right now???

And how does a book that is like $5-10 go for hundreds in a matter of weeks and no one knows about it??

They know about it AFTER the fact....

Maybe some other people would want to get in on the action of either selling a book like that and making some money or someone buying the book for a nice price....Maybe a little heads up BEFORE it gets out...shake head

Whaaaaa?
edited by Taskmaster on 10/11/2020
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

10/12/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I haven't heard that Star Wars was a dying property. From my perspective, the Mandalorian ignited something when Disney plus released it. That started the speculation on all of the lower produced Dark Horse issues, especially the first appearance issues.

We are reporting the market, not driving the price. I've seen a ridiculous number of Star Wars prices recently and I can assure you that some patient people are still getting deals and steals. Look at the finished auctions for Knights of the Old Republic 31. Someone bought one for $3 and someone else bought one for $33!
Ron
+1 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

10/12/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
I haven't heard that Star Wars was a dying property. From my perspective, the Mandalorian ignited something when Disney plus released it. That started the speculation on all of the lower produced Dark Horse issues, especially the first appearance issues.

We are reporting the market, not driving the price. I've seen a ridiculous number of Star Wars prices recently and I can assure you that some patient people are still getting deals and steals. Look at the finished auctions for Knights of the Old Republic 31. Someone bought one for $3 and someone else bought one for $33!
Ron

The "Legends" part is dead (To Disney) so it's a surprise that these books and the like that are legends are going up when they are not canon anymore
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

10/17/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
I would like to see it buried, but it's not a dying property.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

10/17/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
Defiant1 wrote:

No I just it Funny that all the "Legends" stuff is brushed away and NOW that Kathleen Kennedy and her agenda are on the outs NOW Disney wants to admit that legends was "Canon" Funny...
edited by Taskmaster on 10/17/2020
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

10/18/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
Taskmaster wrote:
Defiant1 wrote:

No I just it Funny that all the "Legends" stuff is brushed away and NOW that Kathleen Kennedy and her agenda are on the outs NOW Disney wants to admit that legends was "Canon" Funny...

edited by Taskmaster on 10/17/2020

I think Disney has seen the value that Marvel's decades of story ideas brings to the table and they see they can exploit the same with Dark Horses' stories.
0 link