R. Crumb's Head Comix Messages in this topic - RSS

shanjam2
shanjam2

9/22/2020

shanjam2
shanjam2
I couldn't find this comic on CPG. Maybe I'm just not searching right but I've tried multiple combinations. On another note, Comicsjoint http://comixjoint.com/headcomix-1st.html states that Viking Press published a $2.50 1st print only and Balantine followed up with prints 2 and 3 at $2.95. I've found 2 different copyright pages for the $2.50 prints, one with no reference to 2nd printing (saying first published in 1968) and another that says second printing (see attached photos). There was however a hardcover copy that preceded the 1st soft cover printing so perhaps that is what is being referenced as the 1967 printing? Does anyone know how many prints were published. And do you know if R. Crumb's Head Comix is on CPG? Thanks,
James
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

9/22/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
James,
I don't see it in the database. Just to confirm,is it over 50% comic story?

R
0 link
shanjam2
shanjam2

9/23/2020

shanjam2
shanjam2
I believe it's all comics stories, yes. According to Comixjoint: "The 64 interior pages feature an introduction by Paul Krassner (The Realist), several comics from Zap #1 plus many others that appeared in various tabloid and magazines, like the East Village Other and Cavalier, and some Fritz the Cat stories from Help!"
Thank you for the quick response,
James
0 link