Sell a set? Messages in this topic - RSS

backbone
backbone

9/13/2020

backbone
backbone
would like to sell a run, how do i publish it?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

9/14/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Currently, the only way to sell a run on the site is to use a classified ad.
Ron
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

9/23/2020

kds_comics
kds_comics
backbone wrote:
would like to sell a run, how do i publish it?

In the sales notes you can say you would like to sell as a set. This is not a guarantee - just a request. You and buyer can negotiate from there.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

9/24/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
To clarify, you cannot put a note in your individual book listing that says, "I want to sell as a set". The only way is with a classified ad. We had some problems when someone wanted to buy an individual book and the seller wanted to sell sets or runs. Because of those past issues, we only allow sets or runs in classified ads.

We have been working on adding the sets or runs as an option but it's more difficult than we imagined. Still working through those issues.

Ron
0 link
aarondawe
aarondawe

9/25/2020

aarondawe
aarondawe
Ronbatman wrote:
We had some problems when someone wanted to buy an individual book and the seller wanted to sell sets or runs.

Ron

I wonder who that was? shake head

Aaron
0 link
tcpmmp-3
tcpmmp-3

3/17/2021

tcpmmp-3
tcpmmp-3
Hi, Just wondering if there is any progress being made on selling a set or mini-series other than through the classifieds? I have had very little success using the classifieds even when offering very significant discounts. I agree if someone wants to sell a significant run or an entire collection, the classifieds seems most appropriate. However, I have many mini-series of from 2-6 issues that only makes sense to sell together but I am prohibited from doing under your current policy. Until you solve what appears to be a major programming effort, would you please re-consider allowing small mini-series to be sold through the normal CPG selling process as a compromise solution until you are able to change your program. This is the only significant issue I have with your otherwise excellent service / product. Thanks for considering!
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/17/2021

kds_comics
kds_comics
tcpmmp-3 wrote:
Hi, Just wondering if there is any progress being made on selling a set or mini-series other than through the classifieds? I have had very little success using the classifieds even when offering very significant discounts. I agree if someone wants to sell a significant run or an entire collection, the classifieds seems most appropriate. However, I have many mini-series of from 2-6 issues that only makes sense to sell together but I am prohibited from doing under your current policy. Until you solve what appears to be a major programming effort, would you please re-consider allowing small mini-series to be sold through the normal CPG selling process as a compromise solution until you are able to change your program. This is the only significant issue I have with your otherwise excellent service / product. Thanks for considering!

Agree
0 link