The incredible hulk 216 Messages in this topic - RSS

Darren83
Darren83

8/25/2020

Darren83
Darren83
I have this comic. But there is no bar code just a blank white box.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

8/26/2020

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Hi,
this is not uncommon. a google search will find this info: "Another variant comes from the “Whitman three-packs”: the Whitman company, which distributed Gold Key comics (that’s an oversimplification of a tangled corporate relationship I’m not going to get into here), contracted with Marvel in the late ’70s to market bagged sets of Marvel comics in places like K-Mart. Those came three to a bag, and can be distinguished by an altered upper-left box and a blank UPC code.... The Whitman variants, when out of the bag, are usually the same price as the “normal” books, although unopened three-packs can go for more — roughly twice what the three books inside the bag would go for in their “regular” incarnations."

They are not published BY Whitman, so are not Whitman comics, and from others places I read, they are 1st prints, direct market versions for stores OTHER than comic shops. most agree they have no special value over other 1st prints.

does it look like this?: http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/Direct/images/IncredibleHulk/216d.jpg
edited by collectibleshop on 8/26/2020
+1 link