Submitted pending missing comics status Messages in this topic - RSS

Captainnukes
Captainnukes

8/20/2020

Captainnukes
Captainnukes
Just a quick general question..... Ive submitted some comics that arent in the database but i have no notification that they are pending. Although they were accepted though the variant issue submission section. Curious on how long the process takes? Im fairly certian its been around a week or so.....
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

8/20/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
I can tell you I submitted stuff months ago and still am waiting. I know they probably get thousands of requests so I do understand it can take time.
0 link
Biddle7819
Biddle7819

8/21/2020

Biddle7819
Biddle7819
Personally I would like to see a 'pending' list of variant submissions so we know that our request hasn't disappeared.

Any chance of adding this functionality?

Also what happened to 'Database and Missing Issue Discussion' submissions on the Forum being moved to 'Completed' once done? They don't seem to get moved anymore

Cheers

Joe
+3 link
Captainnukes
Captainnukes

8/21/2020

Captainnukes
Captainnukes
BasementComics wrote:
I can tell you I submitted stuff months ago and still am waiting. I know they probably get thousands of requests so I do understand it can take time.

Months........not exactly great to hear especially when this is a service that i pay for....
0 link
Captainnukes
Captainnukes

8/21/2020

Captainnukes
Captainnukes
Biddle7819 wrote:
Personally I would like to see a 'pending' list of variant submissions so we know that our request hasn't disappeared.

Also what happened to 'Database and Missing Issue Discussion' submissions on the Forum being moved to 'Completed' once done? They don't seem to get moved anymore

Cheers

Joe

Or at least pending in the variant section so that members arent re-submitting the same items multiple times. And, hey, put me on as an employee and Ill complete some of these..
0 link
Casper0312
Casper0312

8/21/2020

Casper0312
Casper0312
Biddle7819 wrote:
Cheers
Joe

This actually would be great. Right now I have a "box" for variant submissions. Once the variant makes its way to Production, I move the entry to the newly correct variant and out of that box. Generally, I have an 80+% hit rate where the variant is approved the same week it is entered. The final five I just rescan and resubmit each month because I just assume I've botched the submission or scan in some way. The pending status would be incredibly helpful. Now I have to wonder and likely hang my head in shame because the submissions probably didn't get denied or botched. LIkely are just pending. Adding those duplicates likely adds delay for everyone.

I HAVE gotten direct feedback on some botched variant submissions. Thank you so much @Jesse (OHS69GRAD) for your patience and guidance over the past many months. Those are great and sometimes even I have no idea what the hell I was trying to submit in the wee hours of the morning. Getting that feedback helped me improve and come up to speed on some of the naming, numbering, cover scan best practices and pitfalls.

If this isn't possible, what is a reasonable time to wait before resubmitting? One month, three months, more? Honestly don't mind waiting as long as there is some sort of guidance on when to resubmit.

Thank you to the admins for all the work put into this baby,

Dave
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

8/24/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
There is a place on the site that has misses, hits, and pending issues. Currently, it's a little tough to find but it exists.

The way to find it is to click on your user name in the upper right corner.
In the drop-down that appears click on the number in the bottom left corner.
It will take you to this page
https://comicspriceguide.com/member-ranks/

We are currently working on a way to make this page more accessible. There seems to be an issue with the code for the "pending" issues. Our programmer is working on that right now. I'll let you know when he is finished.

Ron
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

8/24/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
Ronbatman wrote:
There is a place on the site that has misses, hits, and pending issues. Currently, it's a little tough to find but it exists.

We are currently working on a way to make this page more accessible. There seems to be an issue with the code for the "pending" issues. Our programmer is working on that right now. I'll let you know when he is finished.

Ron

Ron,
I see it but it only seems to show data for adding/fixing creator info. I have never seen a pending for a missing variant or missing title. Should that same section be reflecting that also?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

8/24/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Yes. We are working on the variants appearing in the pending area now.
R
0 link
Captainnukes
Captainnukes

8/24/2020

Captainnukes
Captainnukes
Ronbatman wrote:

Ron

Thanks Ron!

SIDE NOTE!!!

I have a bunch of foreign variants to add and some that are non-canon or i believe to be. The variants ill just add to the issue it corresponds to and the non-canon ill add to the publisher? If its on the publisher list....
0 link
Casper0312
Casper0312

8/24/2020

Casper0312
Casper0312
Just a note, one of my last five variants appeared today. Super popular Visionaries #2.
Patience everyone... they will make it to the list eventually.

I have to say it was fun during this first covid round and wonder why I grabbed some of these titles.
They crack me up.

Again, thanks for all the work.
+1 link