Cover scans: Stock vs. Custom if selling Messages in this topic - RSS

Ca2fl2011
Ca2fl2011

7/22/2020

Ca2fl2011
Ca2fl2011
When I log in, I can see the items that are recently up for sale. I noticed the cover on the sale "thumbnail" is the stock cover. How can we display the uploaded custom cover instead of the stock cover so that potential buyers can see the quality of the cover? I've spent 15 minutes looking for the secret but no luck.

Thanks.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/22/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you would like to change the picture from a stock picture to your own uploaded picture, here's how you do it.

1. The item cannot currently be for sale to add the picture. The picture has to be added before listing it.
2. Go into the My Collection tab and add the issue to your collection.
3. After adding it you will see a green button that says "Upload your Cover" when you mouse over it.

4. After uploading your cover you can click the blue "Sell" button and list it for sale.

Ron
0 link
Ca2fl2011
Ca2fl2011

7/22/2020

Ca2fl2011
Ca2fl2011
Ron, I've done what you suggested and it doesn't seem to work. Not only does the Custom cover not follow the sale posting, it reverts to Stock cover if I exit the item and go back in to inventory. Also, if I completely exit the app and go back in, it has reverted to Stock.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/22/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
You can only add a cover from the website, not the app. I just tested it with the site and uploaded Batman Adventures 24 with my scan. You can currently see it on the front page.
0 link
dusting
dusting

2/15/2021

dusting
dusting
I have been struggling with the above as well. I am doing this on Chrome on a desktop. I can't get the custom cover scan to appear on the item. I've added the cover scan before listing it for sale. Any help appreciated.
0 link
dusting
dusting

2/15/2021

dusting
dusting
Attaching what it looks like on my end. Cover does not show as default unless I click the eyeball button.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/16/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The system is working properly so it has to be something else. I checked your settings and you have "show my cover scans" checked. Which is good.
So the only other thing that it can be is the image. There are three things that might cause an issue with the image.
1. Too large of a file.
2. Too large dimensionally
3. Wrong format type

Try changing those things and let me know.
R
0 link
dusting
dusting

2/16/2021

dusting
dusting
It was the size of the image...I figured it was ok since I wasn't getting an error. Thanks for your help!
0 link