Some Fan Art I have Messages in this topic - RSS

rgtichy
rgtichy

5/2/2020

rgtichy
rgtichy
This is pretty much my whole collection of fan art:

(There is one pic missing, I have an "Arcane" in his spider-form by Steve Bissette, also from the Saga of The Swamp Thing era.)

Rob
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/3/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
Nice stuff.
0 link

5/3/2020

Yeah, I remember being so flustered at having spent $120 on that full color Swamp Thing by Totleben, in 1985. I regretted it for a couple of weeks, even, because it represented so many comic books and I was making maybe $5 an hour. But, the following year, Totleben was in Chicago again and I asked him to do the Woodrue facing the other way. Totleben said he could not do the color pieces that year, they took too long. (Totleben was not a fast artist, with all that detail.) And then, later that year I drove to the Mid-Ohio Con in Mansfield, OH and I got the Steve Bissette pieces.

BUT, great regrets, in 1996 I met Bernie Wrightson and did not commission a Swamp Thing from him. (He may not have even been doing any fan art, at that point. He was not a fast artist, either.) I did buy a poster from him that I got autographed. He was amazingly young, to me. He said he started working for DC when he was just 19 or so.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/3/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
I met Wrightson and talked to him, but I opted to get an original art page from Paul Gulacy instead.
0 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

5/3/2020

rgtichy
rgtichy
Yeah? Where was that, and when?
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/3/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
I met Berni a decade ago at a show in Colorado. I bought a few prints of his and got lots of Marvel Knights Punisher signed. I guess I thought they would be worth something someday. I have a pretty decent (7.5?) copy of House of Secrets #92. Really need to get it graded.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/3/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
rgtichy wrote:
Yeah? Where was that, and when?

Atlanta... Dragon Con. I don't remember the year, but I'm guessing 2004.

It seems like I bought a lot that year...

Gulacy art page, Olivia preliminary watercolor sketch, Brunner preliminary cover art (to an indy comic)... and more.
0 link