Collection Report Idea Messages in this topic - RSS

rgtichy
rgtichy

4/3/2020

rgtichy
rgtichy
It would be great if the collection functionality had the ability to run a report within a collection that could advise which items could benefit most from CGC grading. There are caveats, of course. The biggest caveat being the grade indicated by the collector when entering the books. If everything in one's collection is just "9.4" because that is the default condition, then the report won't be as useful.

One use of this report would be to best identify a set of books to send in for grading, to make use of price tiers available at CGC.
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/6/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
That's an interesting idea. There are quite a few members who try to grade their books as they enter them. The easiest and fastest way is to use the default 9.4 but some try to be more accurate.
+2 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

4/6/2020

kds_comics
kds_comics
Ronbatman wrote:
That's an interesting idea. There are quite a few members who try to grade their books as they enter them. The easiest and fastest way is to use the default 9.4 but some try to be more accurate.

If you have a run of one title I put in what I think is average condition of the run - this way I am right some of the time!
+1 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

4/6/2020

rgtichy
rgtichy
I'm in the middle of entering a collection that is ~25 long boxes, and I'm trying to be pretty critical on the grading as I go. That said, I am occasionally looking at the values page for an issue to see what the "bump" would (might) be for grading it, and then making a decision to set those aside.

Knowing there was a report to run at the end that would make me a list of the best ones to get graded would be very nice.

Overall, I am very pleased with the collection functionality!
+1 link