Hot Comics from a Different Perspective Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/12/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
A lot of people comment on hot comics and you never know what it's based on. We did a thing here at CPG. For a long time we've been tracking how many times a book is searched for and specifically looked at. Now, I'm making a few of those stats available to see if anyone is interested in them.

Can you guess what is the most searched for comic book of 2020?
What about the top 5 books in the last 5 years?
What about the highest rising books on our search list?

If you're interested, check out the new blog post

https://blog.comicspriceguide.com/how-to-tell-what-comics-are-hot/

Ron
+2 link
Imcubillo
Imcubillo

3/12/2020

Imcubillo
Imcubillo
Great info Ron but a little confused. Is there a top 20 or 25 list based on your search? I think that would be interesting as it seems you picked and showed only the partial list.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

3/12/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
I have all but 3 of those comics. Bought most of them when they came out.
0 link
WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior

3/12/2020

WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior
Ronbatman wrote:
A lot of people comment on hot comics and you never know what it's based on. We did a thing here at CPG. For a long time we've been tracking how many times a book is searched for and specifically looked at. Now, I'm making a few of those stats available to see if anyone is interested in them.

Can you guess what is the most searched for comic book of 2020?
What about the top 5 books in the last 5 years?
What about the highest rising books on our search list?

If you're interested, check out the new blog post

https://blog.comicspriceguide.com/how-to-tell-what-comics-are-hot/

Ron

Ron, this is a good read. Interesting facts about some of the top searched comics the past few years. Would be nice to see a top 25 searched comics quartlerly page or link each year going forward. wink

Thanks,

Administrator

3/13/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I broke them down into 3 groups because that best suited the data in my mind.

Comics that broke into the top 250 searches or rose dramatically - i.e. Savage She-Hulk 1
New books that garnered tons of attention - i.e. Batman 89
Reliable books that are always in the top of the list - i.e. Amazing Spider-man 300

If I give you only the top 25 you cannot see some of the books coming up or some of the hot new books. The basic list isn't very clean. For example, we have been working toward adding all the direct and newsstand issues into the site. That means that older search data is different from 2020 search data. Instead of one ASM 300 getting 1000 views, now Direct gets 700 and Newsstand might get 400.

Let me see what I can come up with to help people understand this better for future blog posts.
R
edited by ronbatman on 3/13/2020
+1 link
WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior

3/13/2020

WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior
Ronbatman wrote:
I broke them down into 3 groups because that best suited the data in my mind.

Comics that broke into the top 250 searches or rose dramatically - i.e. Savage She-Hulk 1
New books that garnered tons of attention - i.e. Batman 89
Reliable books that are always in the top of the list - i.e. Amazing Spider-man 300

If I give you only the top 25 you cannot see some of the books coming up or some of the hot new books. The basic list isn't very clean. For example, we have been working toward adding all the direct and newsstand issues into the site. That means that older search data is different from 2020 search data. Instead of one ASM 300 getting 1000 views, now Direct gets 700 and Newsstand might get 400.

Let me see what I can come up with to help people understand this better for future blog posts.
R
edited by ronbatman on 3/13/2020

Ron, Ahhh, I get it. Thanks for the information.

4/7/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
A little heads up before all of the "HOT" books get over priced.....
0 link