DC Limited Collectors Editions-Oversized comics Messages in this topic - RSS

Blink182
Blink182

1/7/2020

Blink182
Blink182
Hi all. Hoping someone here can assist. I have 4 items:
Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes $2 Collectors Edition- Vol 7 1978
Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes $1 Limited Collectors Edition- Vol 5 1976
The Best of DC Volume 1 Limited Collectors Edition $2 Vol 6 1977
The Greatest Race of all Time Limited Collector's Edition $1 Vol 5 1976

I can't find these in the collector's guide to determine a value-can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
edited by Blink182 on 1/7/2020
+1 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/7/2020

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
did you try searching the actual title, 'Limited Collectors Edition'? Always check inside of the book to see what the indicia says is the title. They're here: https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/limited-collectors-edition/wkuv
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/7/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Love that oversized Flash Superman race issue
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

1/9/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
You have to go by the indicia..

I have a checklist here:
http://www.angelfire.com/comics2/treasury/

I own 95% of everything listed.

I quit actively collecting and researching comics in Oct. 2019, so I have no plans to update or maintain it going forward.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/10/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Defiant1,
I had no idea that there were that many different ones. Famous Firsts, Marvel Treasury, and Collector's Edition are the only ones that I remember.

How do you store them? A friend of mine was asking about it yesterday.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

1/12/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
Ronbatman wrote:
Defiant1,
I had no idea that there were that many different ones. Famous Firsts, Marvel Treasury, and Collector's Edition are the only ones that I remember.

How do you store them? A friend of mine was asking about it yesterday.

Most of mine are in Treasury sized bags. Some I list need a bag around the bottom and another slid over the top. I'm sure you can buy oversized Mylar bags for anything too big for a Treasury Comic bag. I think Bill Cole has oversized Mylar. It might be E. Gerber. I can't remember who has what. I have items that are too big for any bags I own. I have most of my original comic art in oversized Mylar bags.

Most of mine are stored with the spine facing up in magazine boxes. You have to thumb through them side to side, not front to back.

It's not the greatest way to store them, but it's the best way I've found. I'm not a high grade condition freak.

There are some things that are just laying flat on top of boxes because my comic collection is in complete disarray and I have no box big enough to store them.

My Kiss Destroyer Edition comic is the size of a poster. It's standing up in the back of my closet behind the clothes on the hanger.

In other words... I improvise.

I find myself getting more frustrated when I try to bag & store digest sized comics. I hate the wasted space i the boxes.
0 link