Interesting auction find Messages in this topic - RSS

stevegreer1
stevegreer1

2/16/2016

stevegreer1
stevegreer1
Weeeeelllllll...... I am a HUGE fan of Conan the Barbarian. And by that I of course mean the original series from the 70's. I absolutely loved John Buscema's run.
Anyway, I recently won an online auction and got a few Conan the Barbarians from issues 70 - 90, not a complete run though, and Annual 3, along with Red Sonja 1 - 7 (the first series from the 70's) and the Conan Movie Special 1 - 2. I will admit that they are not in the best of condition with most having yellowed pages and some having creases on the cover. I initially bought them because I could have sworn that there were some $0.35 variant issues thrown in there. So I thought I was in the money....

But I was sadly mistaken. Nope. The $0.35 issues in the batch were normal issues, not variants. So I was kinda bummed about that because I could have sworn that the issues in the pictures at least two of them were variants. Oh well.

What was interesting though is that one of the issues, 77, is a double cover. Now, I know that in comics, errors are usually frowned upon, but I still thought it was pretty cool nonetheless.

Anyone else have any double covers? What do you think about them?
0 link