Toy and action figure version of CPG Messages in this topic - RSS

BasementComics
BasementComics

1/4/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
Does anyone know if there is a toy and action figure price guide / database similar to CPG? Any recommendations?
0 link
dav1
dav1

1/5/2020

dav1
dav1
figurerealm is one I found
0 link
dav1
dav1

1/5/2020

dav1
dav1
cpg should do one
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

1/5/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
Figure Realm doesn't seem to be a price guide. Is there one that does both?
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

1/5/2020

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
dav1 wrote:
cpg should do one

+1
It's been brought up before. Same for trading cards as well.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/6/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We have talked about all kinds of price guides and own some domain names related to them. Time is our biggest obstacle.

Oh, look someone named Ron owns StatuePriceGuide.com. smile
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

1/9/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
Gilgandra wrote:
dav1 wrote:
cpg should do one

+1

It's been brought up before. Same for trading cards as well.

Why doesn't CPG publish a print version of their guide to supplement income and awareness of the site?
Obviously the entire guide would be too large to publish but select titles, hot items and big movers would all be of interest to collectors.
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/10/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I know that you are trying to be helpful and I appreciate that. We will never publish a print version because we believe that it's a bad model in today's world. By the time we publish it, some values are incorrect. We make thousands and thousands of price changes each year. This happens daily. To us, printing it would be going back in time.

The supplemental income and bringing awareness to Comics Price Guide would be highly valuable. We just need to do it in a different way.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

1/12/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
Ronbatman wrote:
I know that you are trying to be helpful and I appreciate that. We will never publish a print version because we believe that it's a bad model in today's world. By the time we publish it, some values are incorrect. We make thousands and thousands of price changes each year. This happens daily. To us, printing it would be going back in time.

The supplemental income and bringing awareness to Comics Price Guide would be highly valuable. We just need to do it in a different way.

In today's digital world, there is no advantage to making a print model the ultimate goal. It can definitely be a time capsule to show how prices have changed. I believe that spurs interest in the hobby and it's a good thing. Overstreet is a horrible source for prices and they have no intention of ever migrating it to a digital format. This site has the advantage that any print publication would be like an advertising flyer that you don't have to invest in and give away. The customer preorders and buys the advertising flyer (i.e. book or monthly magazine). You can sell ads with QR codes next to them to steer customers to a website and a more expansive digitally formated ads, coupons, and information. Most articles I've read say that print and web marketing is most beneficial when they are used in conjunction with one another. The old print model is dying, but the all digital realm is at the mercy of search engines and competing services. It's easy to drown in the sea of data on the web. The advantage of an outdated "print" version of a price guide is that it's a permanent ad promoting people to visit the site for the most current value. Collectors will save them just like they do comics. 10 years from now when someone is thumbing through a comic box, they'll think... "I wonder if the CPG site is still around." They'll enter it into their phone or they'll have one of those devices that reads a person's actual thoughts (brain waves) and searches the web without a mouse or keyboard.
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

1/12/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
Defiant1 wrote:
Ronbatman wrote:

In today's digital world, there is no advantage to making a print model the ultimate goal. It can definitely be a time capsule to show how prices have changed. I believe that spurs interest in the hobby and it's a good thing. Overstreet is a horrible source for prices and they have no intention of ever migrating it to a digital format. This site has the advantage that any print publication would be like an advertising flyer that you don't have to invest in and give away. The customer preorders and buys the advertising flyer (i.e. book or monthly magazine). You can sell ads with QR codes next to them to steer customers to a website and a more expansive digitally formated ads, coupons, and information. Most articles I've read say that print and web marketing is most beneficial when they are used in conjunction with one another. The old print model is dying, but the all digital realm is at the mercy of search engines and competing services. It's easy to drown in the sea of data on the web. The advantage of an outdated "print" version of a price guide is that it's a permanent ad promoting people to visit the site for the most current value. Collectors will save them just like they do comics. 10 years from now when someone is thumbing through a comic box, they'll think... "I wonder if the CPG site is still around." They'll enter it into their phone or they'll have one of those devices that reads a person's actual thoughts (brain waves) and searches the web without a mouse or keyboard.

Overstreet does offer a searchable PDF version however it can only be downloaded to one device and that is it. I did it one year and won't do it again.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/13/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Defiant1 wrote:

In today's digital world, there is no advantage to making a print model the ultimate goal. It can definitely be a time capsule to show how prices have changed. I believe that spurs interest in the hobby and it's a good thing. Overstreet is a horrible source for prices and they have no intention of ever migrating it to a digital format. This site has the advantage that any print publication would be like an advertising flyer that you don't have to invest in and give away. The customer preorders and buys the advertising flyer (i.e. a book or monthly magazine). You can sell ads with QR codes next to them to steer customers to a website and a more expansive digitally formatted ads, coupons, and information. Most articles I've read say that print and web marketing are most beneficial when they are used in conjunction with one another. The old print model is dying, but the all-digital realm is at the mercy of search engines and competing services. It's easy to drown in the sea of data on the web. The advantage of an outdated "print" version of a price guide is that it's a permanent ad promoting people to visit the site for the most current value. Collectors will save them just like they do comics. 10 years from now when someone is thumbing through a comic box, they'll think... "I wonder if the CPG site is still around." They'll enter it into their phone or they'll have one of those devices that reads a person's actual thoughts (brain waves) and searches the web without a mouse or keyboard.

One of the most well thought out responses I've ever seen about print versus digital. You make some valid points about the reason to go to print.
R
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

10/31/2021

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
There’s Dash

https://www.collector-actionfigures.com/dash/home/
-1 link