New Goals for the Year? Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/3/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Did anyone set new goals or resolutions for this year? (Comic book-related or otherwise)

Please give details
0 link

1/3/2020

So what’s your goals Ron? My first is to reduce debt on one credit card. Too many years continually paying card each month but at the same time spend about the same amount I send in. So need to not buy everything I want and only stuff I actually need. Last 3 months only bought 4 comics, which is a huge step for me.
Second is to walk a few miles every other day. My mental health or outlook of life is much better when I exercise.
3rd is spend more time with my family that is out of state. Lastly, which every year I say but fail is to reorganize my collection and start selling some of my third party graded books that don’t mean much to me now, thin the herd and give me some space back in my comic storage area.
Last year I said I wanted to start framing some of my comic original art and prints, which I remember you Ron said I ought to since art in storage is hardly seen, much better on a wall framed and seen every day. Tax refund will be used this year to frame one or two of artwork.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

1/3/2020

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Oops take to long to write and site signs ya out! Above post was me.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/4/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I need to see some pictures of the art you framed.

If any of you follow me on Instagram you know that I've been working out and running for about a year and 3 months. So a lot of my goals are for consistency.
Run 12 5K races this year.
Work out 3 times a week
Save more money - I'm using Acorns app to round up purchases. Let me know if you want a link and we will both get $5.
Focus on key issues I'm missing - I'd like a graded copy of Amazing Spider-man #50, Conan #1, Mister Miracle and New Gods issues
Fill in the gaps on some Batman and Amazing Spiderman issues.
Ron
0 link
marcushill38
marcushill38

1/4/2020

marcushill38
marcushill38
Hey. I'll try to let you know when I post my 'Mister Miarcle' comics on eBay.

Ronbatman wrote:
I need to see some pictures of the art you framed.

If any of you follow me on Instagram you know that I've been working out and running for about a year and 3 months. So a lot of my goals are for consistency.
Run 12 5K races this year.
Work out 3 times a week
Save more money - I'm using Acorns app to round up purchases. Let me know if you want a link and we will both get $5.
Focus on key issues I'm missing - I'd like a graded copy of Amazing Spider-man #50, Conan #1, Mister Miracle and New Gods issues
Fill in the gaps on some Batman and Amazing Spiderman issues.
Ron
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/6/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Marcus, I'm not sure why you would put them on Ebay when you can sell them on CPG with no fees. Plus you might have a potential buyer here. smile
0 link
Imcubillo
Imcubillo

1/6/2020

Imcubillo
Imcubillo
I need to cut back on the quantity of comics and focus on quality. Looking to potentially buy a couple of keys every quarter and then just get my pull list. I have been getting suckered by too many sales where i buy a massive amount of books. Also i have about 2k books in my reading backlog, i want to be able to read and experience the stories much more.

Love the health goals posted above and similarly will be getting back into racing. I used to run 20-30 races (triathlons included) per year, and that has fallen off. So going to try and do at least 10 this year. First one is a 10k called Best Damn Race in early February.

Lastly, my family spends so much money on going out to eat due to our hectic schedules. That is just an excuse so looking to eat at home and cook much more.

Liking the community here so keep up the good work.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/7/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Imcubillo,
Triathlons are no joke! I'm scared of the swimming aspect but more power to you. I hope you crush your goals!

Comic collecting is a sedentary hobby so I try to balance it with my running and working out. Stimulate the mind/creativity and the body.
Ron
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

1/9/2020

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
No more sugar...boxer
I'm doing well so far & feeling better because of it. (started about 3-4 months ago)
I found it's not the sugar one is addicted to, It's the products themselves. Old habits die hard as they say.

There's sugar everywhere, I haven't eliminated it 100% Probably never will but reducing it by up 70-80% Yes i can
I have tired a few times over the last few years & failed dismally each time. This is the longest i've been without it.

Wish me luck guys.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/9/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Gilgandra,
There are all kinds of studies on the negative effects of sugar consumption. Smart move on your part to cut that way back. It's tough tho.
0 link
Imcubillo
Imcubillo

1/9/2020

Imcubillo
Imcubillo
I had no meetings during my lunch break so made a stop at a local shop....walked away with 10 books and almost pulled the trigger on several key books. Guess that is why we have all year to work on our resolutions. But man I love the hunt and adding books!
0 link