comicbookdb.com closing down Messages in this topic - RSS

solarno
solarno

11/8/2019

solarno
solarno
Hi all,
I wouldn't normally post anything regarding a competing site, but for those of you who also use comicbookdb.com please note that they have posted a notice on their site stating that they will be closing down on December 16, 2019. Here is their complete statement (links removed):

IMPORTANT! ComicbookDB.com will be closing its doors on December 16th, 2019 as we look towards creating a new and improved tool for collectors to utilize. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to download their data & collections by clicking on this link after logging in. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the site and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If you have any questions, click here.

I personally am a member there, but not to log my collection. I have used it frequently though to help verify or corroborate data for CPG. They definitely have a robust database so it will be a shame to see them close down.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

11/10/2019

Defiant1
Defiant1
solarno wrote:
Hi all,
I wouldn't normally post anything regarding a competing site, but for those of you who also use comicbookdb.com please note that they have posted a notice on their site stating that they will be closing down on December 16, 2019. Here is their complete statement (links removed):

IMPORTANT! ComicbookDB.com will be closing its doors on December 16th, 2019 as we look towards creating a new and improved tool for collectors to utilize. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to download their data & collections by clicking on this link after logging in. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the site and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If you have any questions, click here.

I personally am a member there, but not to log my collection. I have used it frequently though to help verify or corroborate data for CPG. They definitely have a robust database so it will be a shame to see them close down.

I recently quit researching new info because the free web hosts just mysteriously deleted three of my websites without notice or warning. The web is no longer what it used to be. You are not accessing a magnificent resource for knowledge anymore. You are logging into a massive advertising database with a network of content delivery networks (CDNs) archiving everything you do in the background and collecting info to help them sell you something.

As of last week, I no longer jump on the web after work everyday. I come home, do other stuff and then remember 4 hours later that I never checked my email.

The web doesn't really interest me anymore.
+1 link