Thoughts on Artist Signatures Messages in this topic - RSS

jlips4
jlips4

8/21/2019

jlips4
jlips4
I wanted to get an idea of everyone's thoughts on artist signatures on comics. I know there's been a bit of a debate where some people view signatures on covers as a defect while others view signatures as added value to their books. I have always felt signatures added value to my books. But recently I acquired a Marc Silvestri autograph on a copy of Uncanny X-Men #221, but right after he signed the book, he accidentally smudged the signature, enough that it's a bit of an eye sore. How badly does this actually devalue a book?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

8/23/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you get an autographed verified for grading that different than getting a book personalized. The first seems like a way to increase the value of the book. The second is personal and not meant for an increased value.

That sucks about your Silvestri autograph. At least you got a story out of it.
0 link
Razor5946
Razor5946

8/23/2019

Razor5946
Razor5946
Ronbatman wrote:
If you get an autographed verified for grading that different than getting a book personalized. The first seems like a way to increase the value of the book. The second is personal and not meant for an increased value.

That sucks about your Silvestri autograph. At least you got a story out of it.

A friend of mine got a comic graded,and got a 9.9 would been 10 but took off for Signature! CGC
0 link