Ebay buyers Messages in this topic - RSS

Draven68
Draven68

8/13/2019

Draven68
Draven68
I've been thinking about this for awhile and finally felt like writing to get others opinion. On Ebay you have an auction that has a set start and finish. My question is, if a particular auction started the day prior to you reading this and ends 5 days later.... why do so many buyers get into a bidding war DAYS prior to the auction ending? All you're doing is making that item more and more expensive! Why not wait until the last day... maybe even last seconds... have a set price in your head and bid then? This way you have the best chance on not only the possibility of getting it at the cheapest price but also there's the fact you won't over spend with the "I just need to get it and will pay even more" mentality. Even if you do lose, there will be more of that comic that comes out and another chance to get for what you feel it's worth and not the 15 other bidders that kept on raising the price to outdo each other.

Your thoughts?
edited by Draven68 on 8/13/2019
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

8/13/2019

BasementComics
BasementComics
I see it all the time too snd have benefited from waiting
Most of what I collect is Golden age and that stuff keeps climbing regardless of what the price guides say.
0 link
Razor5946
Razor5946

8/17/2019

Razor5946
Razor5946
BasementComics wrote:
I see it all the time too snd have benefited from waiting
Most of what I collect is Golden age and that stuff keeps climbing regardless of what the price guides say.

I guess some of the bids,like mine are to be able to make a bid limit for last seconds,some of those guys want to run it up to stop bidders,no sense to me.
0 link
YOURPLACE2
YOURPLACE2

8/21/2019

YOURPLACE2
YOURPLACE2
Last week, I had a 7 day auction up for a high value key book. The starting bid was $49.99, which someone bid within the first day. It rose to $51, within another day, and that was it for the remaining days. On the last day, at the last hour, the item received about 9 bids with the last 20 seconds or so of the listing. It sold for $201.50. I was very happy with the final number, knowing that it could have seen much higher as well, but the clock stopped it. Total 15 bids.

So this is how auctions work many times, but also many times, you only get the minimum bid.
0 link
Razor5946
Razor5946

8/23/2019

Razor5946
Razor5946
YOURPLACE2 wrote:
Last week, I had a 7 day auction up for a high value key book. The starting bid was $49.99, which someone bid within the first day. It rose to $51, within another day, and that was it for the remaining days. On the last day, at the last hour, the item received about 9 bids with the last 20 seconds or so of the listing. It sold for $201.50. I was very happy with the final number, knowing that it could have seen much higher as well, but the clock stopped it. Total 15 bids.

So this is how auctions work many times, but also many times, you only get the minimum bid.

I never use auction,only fixed price where they think are getting a deal. I knock off 20 percent of total value. Leave it there.Auctions can be horrible,especially if do not use promoted on ebay.Promoted your ad appears on 1st page always,where as unpromoted your ad will end up on last pages.Yes they get up to 6 percent of value,but sells a lot faster! 4 sales yesterday!
0 link