Tales of Suspense 59 -- Letters Page Messages in this topic - RSS

stephanm
stephanm

8/6/2019

stephanm
stephanm
Hi there,

I was wondering if a kindly soul could help me with the following.
Personally, I am not in favor of slabbing comics, as I like to play with my toys, respectively to look at the comic, not just the cover (not a judgment -- I understand why people do it, especially on expensive issues. It's just not for me).

Nevertheless, I just bought a nice 6.5 CGC copy of TOS 59 -- simply because it's a key book I wanted to have for a long time, because the price of the CGC copy seemed in line with what I would have been willing to pay for a Raw copy, and because it was a rather nice looking 6.5 (personally, I would have graded it 7.0, if I had bought the same copy raw. I bet whoever had it graded was disappointed with the grade.)

Anyway, my plan had been to crack the case open. But given that admittedly it looks rather pleasing in its neat case, I decided against it (plus, I know it costs about $30 to get it slabbed -- actually, more, with the postage, as I live in Germany. An added value I would be destroying in an instant).

No matter, I thought, I have reprints of the Iron Man and CA stories inside, and TOS doesn't have a letters column (or so I thought). So I am not missing much by leaving it unopened.

But, to my surprise, I found that TOS 59 DOES have a letters page ("Mails of Suspense", haw haw), with some letters and a Special Announcement (presumably some nice Stan-ish hyperbole about this being Cap's first SA solo appearance, and about the fact that the House of Ideas listens to the multitude of readers who demanded this etc.) -- in fact, it seems it is the only issue of TOS with a letters page...
I tried to find a copy of that letters page online -- to no avail.

So here my plea: Does someone among the SA Marvel aficionados out there own a raw copy of TOS 59, and might be willing to post an image of it here?

Thanks so much.
All the best, Stephan
0 link
stephanm
stephanm

8/6/2019

stephanm
stephanm
PS ... just to be clear, when I asked "to post an image", of course I meant only of the letters page, not of the comic itself... Thanks.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

8/6/2019

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
https://www.marvelmasterworks.com/marvel/mm/capa/images/lp_tos059_1.jpg
edited by rixmaxx on 8/6/2019
0 link
stephanm
stephanm

8/7/2019

stephanm
stephanm
Thanks, Rixmaxx. You‘re a star !!!
0 link
sayntin
sayntin

8/18/2020

sayntin
sayntin
Well great, I read that whole thing and now I want to know what M.M.M.S stands for?
0 link
Biddle7819
Biddle7819

8/18/2020

Biddle7819
Biddle7819
Merry Marvel Marching Society - The Marvel Fan Club
+1 link