question about submitting Messages in this topic - RSS

CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden

7/22/2019

CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden
Hello

I have a title that is not listed, and I have a couple questions. Yes, I have read the READ THIS FIRST and am clarifying.

1) Its Psyco Duck by Bob Dixon, Pocket Change Comics. The first problem is that there is no indicia really, to confirm details. I have them in hand and can't find a date of publication on any of them. Two have 2nd Printing, thats the only place it or any information shows. Other than addresses to send checks to of course. This means I can't provide date detail - Is this OK and do I just need to explain this in the submission?

I do have good scans of the covers, its funny that in issue 4 its mentioned the possible future in regular sized comics - these are like ashcan size

fun fact: I was able to purchase the original art for the back cover of issue 4, a parody of X-O Manowar #1 cover. That and ads in the comics might help with dating them, or at least narrow down range

2) They are signed, because as the old joke goes the only rare/valuable book is one that Bob Dixon did not sign. Does that count as 'signed' not being accepted for submission? the scans have the signature so do I have to search for other cover images? good luck with that

Thanks! I appreciate any info, I want to help the right way if I am going to so I don't waste anyone's time

Capt Grelden

PS: How the #$(% is 'indicia' needing to be added to dictionary as if it's not a word when I typed it? odd..
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

7/23/2019

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
google is your friend. I found all kinds of info about the various issues he's published, but it appears to me it's a self-published comic, and CPG doesn't usually list those. It's been around long enough for CPG to have it if they considered it worthy, but never hurts to ask. comics.org doesn't list it either. GET PICS, either off the net or do your own, that helps a lot to identify the issues. CPG would prefer pics of unsigned ones, IF they accept the comic. google images has pics.

ask bob dixon for publishing info, if he replies on this site: https://authorbobdixon.weebly.com/ . he may be on facebook too.

all a moot point if an admin comes by and says they won't add it, cuz there's a gazillion of these type comics around. Paging ronbatman...
0 link
CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden

7/23/2019

CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden
Thank you, I get that a self-published book may not be included

Thank you for the advice and direction, I will start there
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/24/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Self Publishing books are difficult because the lack of information and sales data. We will put it in the system if you provide the information that we need to list it. (scan, date, etc)
R
+1 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

7/24/2019

Defiant1
Defiant1
I'm just curious if it's the same publisher that published this:

edited by Defiant1 on 7/24/2019
0 link
CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden

7/25/2019

CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden
Defiant1 wrote:
I'm just curious if it's the same publisher that published this:

edited by Defiant1 on 7/24/2019[/quote

Yes, it is and that is listed at their publishers page here: https://comicspriceguide.com/publishers/pocket-change
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

7/25/2019

Defiant1
Defiant1
I liked Assassinette. The art had a surreal Ditko feel to it.
0 link