Most Owned Messages in this topic - RSS

drewzer15
drewzer15

6/14/2019

drewzer15
drewzer15
I am curious what the most owned issue is among members on this site. If I had to guess it would probably be something like X-Men #1 (1991) or maybe Spawn #1. It would be a cool feature, if possible, to see those numbers. Or maybe it already exists and I just haven't run across it yet.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

6/15/2019

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
That would be interesting.
0 link

7/13/2019

I just always assumed it was Spawn #1, lol
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

7/13/2019

BasementComics
BasementComics
That or X-Men #1 (Jim Lee) and all it's covers.
+1 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/15/2019

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Looking up a few x-men #1 covers most average around 1,500 to 2000 owned copies. direct cover Spawn #1 is about 2575 owned and amazingly the newsstand cover only has 77 owned.
0 link
comfan
comfan

7/15/2019

comfan
comfan
What about McFarlane's Spider-man #1
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/16/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Paid members can see how many other paid members own a book. So QuinnsPuddinJoker shared that Spawn #1 is owned by 2575 paid members. We don't include free members since we don't know if it's real or if they are just checking prices for a book. We have some free members who say they own every expensive book so sometimes credibility is questionable. Other free members are great members of the community that we value.

X-men #1 Gatefold cover is owned by 2249
Spider-man #1 is owned by 1804
Superman #75 is owned by 1521
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

7/16/2019

Defiant1
Defiant1
Ronbatman wrote:
Paid members can see how many other paid members own a book. So QuinnsPuddinJoker shared that Spawn #1 is owned by 2575 paid members. We don't include free members since we don't know if it's real or if they are just checking prices for a book. We have some free members who say they own every expensive book so sometimes credibility is questionable. Other free members are great members of the community that we value.

X-men #1 Gatefold cover is owned by 2249
Spider-man #1 is owned by 1804

Superman #75 is owned by 1521

As a free member, I would typically only list my expensive books. I'm not sure what I listed here, but I do own FF #1, AF #15, two X-Men #1's, Hulk #1, Two IH #181's. I don't really care to list my collection online. I have probably 10,000 comics. The process is too much work. I'm not going to grade 10,000 comics just to list them online. I might list more if "ungraded" was an option, but last I looked it wasn't. I was checking prices at this site in the late 90's if I'm remembering correctly.
0 link
DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos

7/28/2019

DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos
I am a free member but i do paid here and there so all my stuff is listed I been here to long so i pay here and there (2005) Big Grin I also do not own a lot .. under 1000 books as for the top books he listed i do not have any of them upset sad panda lol
edited by darkkrytos on 7/28/2019
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/29/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
To me there are several reasons to list your books online, specifically ComicsPriceGuide.

Sometimes we get an email or call from insurance companies saying their client had books damaged in a flood, fire or stolen. If they have a full record of their collection with the correct grade in our system it's easy to give a value. And more importantly, for you to get compensated for your loss. It happens more than you think.

Sometimes you want to sell a set of books or a title that is hot. If your books are in our system you can click the green $ and list them for sale with no additional fees. That makes it easy and inexpensive to sell your comics.

Sometimes books go up in value and you didn't realize it. If they are in our database you can sort by the most expensive overall, most expensive by publisher, most expensive graded book overall, most expensive graded book by publisher, etc.

You can organize in our system using the virtual boxes and you can tag them anything. So for people with big collections they might have some in storage or in the basement. With this they are easier to find.

I could keep going but I won't.
R
edited by ronbatman on 7/29/2019
0 link
pthomas2010
pthomas2010

8/21/2019

pthomas2010
pthomas2010
Ronbatman wrote:
To me there are several reasons to list your books online, specifically ComicsPriceGuide.

Sometimes we get an email or call from insurance companies saying their client had books damaged in a flood, fire or stolen. If they have a full record of their collection with the correct grade in our system it's easy to give a value. And more importantly, for you to get compensated for your loss. It happens more than you think.

Sometimes you want to sell a set of books or a title that is hot. If your books are in our system you can click the green $ and list them for sale with no additional fees. That makes it easy and inexpensive to sell your comics.

Sometimes books go up in value and you didn't realize it. If they are in our database you can sort by the most expensive overall, most expensive by publisher, most expensive graded book overall, most expensive graded book by publisher, etc.

You can organize in our system using the virtual boxes and you can tag them anything. So for people with big collections they might have some in storage or in the basement. With this they are easier to find.

I could keep going but I won't.
R
edited by ronbatman on 7/29/2019

I originally listed all my comics because I kept buying back issues I already had. I keep my want list up to date to this day, and I usually print out a fresh copy when I go to 2nd & Charles, comic shops new to me, or anywhere there are boxes of comics to dig through. Having the values is a nice bonus I like, and I used a printout of my collection to acquire insurance coverage on them.

When I first decided to use CPG, I owned about 12,000 comics, and it was time consuming. At the time, you had to change the grade after entering each book, which was a pain, but now it can be done at the same time. Since the first giant batch, I now enter books as I get them, and at 40,000 and growing, I'll stay here forever. This is the site I recommend whenever people ask about databases.
0 link
drewzer15
drewzer15

8/21/2019

drewzer15
drewzer15
[\quote] I originally listed all my comics because I kept buying back issues I already had. I keep my want list up to date to this day, and I usually print out a fresh copy when I go to 2nd & Charles, comic shops new to me, or anywhere there are boxes of comics to dig through. Having the values is a nice bonus I like, and I used a printout of my collection to acquire insurance coverage on them.

When I first decided to use CPG, I owned about 12,000 comics, and it was time consuming. At the time, you had to change the grade after entering each book, which was a pain, but now it can be done at the same time. Since the first giant batch, I now enter books as I get them, and at 40,000 and growing, I'll stay here forever. This is the site I recommend whenever people ask about databases.

I find it odd that there aren't a lot of people recommending this site. I always do, but apparently some app that has 3 letters for it's name (I know the name, not mentioning them) charges $14.99 (but doesn't show pricing) is really popular. I have used it for other things like novels, but it's kinda cumbersome. A lot of other sites don't have the search ability CPG has. I have used a lot of different sites over the years. This seems to be the most user friendly IMO. I mean right away I can narrow it down to title and issue. It's not CPG's fault there are 100 different versions of Batman #50. Some sites let you search title only first. One site makes you search by the story title. I can't possibly know that info without opening the bag and searching the book and finding the title page. I heard some static about the prices here being off. Well that's the nature of "Buy it now" internet sites, a book can jump overnight and you may not know or know why or where it falls after the hype. No site can be 100% on top of their pricing. That's where we come in as users to help update the info and if I need to know what Batman #77 is getting right now I can go on eBay and see they are selling for around $20 and it isn't even released until your LCS opens today.
0 link
pthomas2010
pthomas2010

8/21/2019

pthomas2010
pthomas2010
drewzer15 wrote:
[\quote] I originally listed all my comics because I kept buying back issues I already had. I keep my want list up to date to this day, and I usually print out a fresh copy when I go to 2nd & Charles, comic shops new to me, or anywhere there are boxes of comics to dig through. Having the values is a nice bonus I like, and I used a printout of my collection to acquire insurance coverage on them.

I find it odd that there aren't a lot of people recommending this site. I always do, but apparently some app that has 3 letters for it's name (I know the name, not mentioning them) charges $14.99 (but doesn't show pricing) is really popular. I have used it for other things like novels, but it's kinda cumbersome. A lot of other sites don't have the search ability CPG has. I have used a lot of different sites over the years. This seems to be the most user friendly IMO. I mean right away I can narrow it down to title and issue. It's not CPG's fault there are 100 different versions of Batman #50. Some sites let you search title only first. One site makes you search by the story title. I can't possibly know that info without opening the bag and searching the book and finding the title page. I heard some static about the prices here being off. Well that's the nature of "Buy it now" internet sites, a book can jump overnight and you may not know or know why or where it falls after the hype. No site can be 100% on top of their pricing. That's where we come in as users to help update the info and if I need to know what Batman #77 is getting right now I can go on eBay and see they are selling for around $20 and it isn't even released until your LCS opens today.

The only place I know with easier data entry is mycomicshop.com, but its main function is for listing books to sell to them. I keep my collection over there, too, but mainly because I like looking through my list and seeing what they are paying. It will also come in handy if I ever decide to sell them. It's a nice database that's easy to use, but doesn't have all the extras CPG has. I keep both databases current, though. I doubt there are many others who use 2 databases full time.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

8/21/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We really appreciate all the members who recommend us! Honestly, you are what keep us going. I had a comic shop in Topeka, Kansas call last week saying the same thing. Some of the sites and apps have fake accounts used to hype their product. We have no fake accounts, only real people recommending the site to their friends. Short term they will gain followers but long term we will win.
0 link