Top Detective 1000 Covers? Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/11/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
What are your top 3 Detective 1000 covers?

First here is the best way to see all of them. https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/detective-comics/ubp then type "1000 in the search issue field. Click "Cover Gallery" right under the Price Guide tab and view all your choices.

My top 3 are
Bulletproof Comics Dell'Otto cover
Frankie's Comics Hughes cover
The Comic Mint Mayhew cover

All three are wildly different from each other but great in their own way. Your turn.
Ron
+1 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

4/11/2019

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I like Bruce Timm’s cover and Midtown virgin variant wraparound by Mattina. Most others don’t float my boat.
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

4/11/2019

BasementComics
BasementComics
I like the Alex Ross tribute cover.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

4/11/2019

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
That is a cool cover No doubt.
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/12/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
QuinnsPuddin, the two covers you picked are awesome but very different. Retro with the Timm cover and dark and brooding with the Mattina. Nice covers

BasementComics, very few things in life are better than the original but the Alex Ross cover is one of them. Amazing cover. That book has room to go up in value based on the numbers I'm seeing.
+1 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

4/12/2019

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
The Martina cover I liked due to varies version of the Batman, and the Timm cover I am a sucker for old school art looks of Joker. Found a lot of the covers done by others was kinda boring or been done before. Like Jim Lee art but haven’t been interested in his cover art for awhile, seems to rehash stuff he has done before on covers. Too often he does Batman on a gargoyle on a building looking down, yawn... Feel that way about Hughes stuff lately, just like his cover with Catwoman on it, swear it is just a redo of previous cover. Only good thing about so many variants is your bound to find one you like.
I really enjoyed the book itself, good reading and lots of it. Love giant size issues, worth the 10 bucks.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

4/16/2019

BasementComics
BasementComics
Ronbatman wrote:
QuinnsPuddin, the two covers you picked are awesome but very different. Retro with the Timm cover and dark and brooding with the Mattina. Nice covers

BasementComics, very few things in life are better than the original but the Alex Ross cover is one of them. Amazing cover. That book has room to go up in value based on the numbers I'm seeing.

I just checked that tribute cover on ebay and I'm seeing sales for non-graded books $169+. Insane.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/16/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The initial pricing on our site for the Alex Ross cover included the presale issues. The current sales are going much higher than the presale so it will continue to go up.
0 link
Ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Ulyssesjasonnewcomb

5/28/2019

I got the Steve Rude one. I could have chosen between Jock, Bruce Timm and another one I don't remember which. The Jock one was cool but pretty generic. I went with the Steve Rude one because it looked like Batman was actually doing something.
0 link