One Million Members! Messages in this topic - RSS

radiotto
radiotto

4/8/2019

radiotto
radiotto
When did CPG go over one million members? It is currently at 1,000,943. Very exciting! Was a big deal made about it and I didn't see?
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

4/8/2019

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
uh, that's a 'false' number. from what I was told when it was over 800,000 and I questioned that, that number is the total of everyone that's ever joined, even if they canceled their accounts, not just the current members. No idea what the current membership is, maybe they don't know either.
edited by collectibleshop on 4/8/2019
0 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

4/9/2019

Jayc13
Jayc13
seeing that the weekly comics only get up to around 100-150 "owned" books, that shows you a rough average of actual users on the site. upset
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/9/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Without revealing too much of our traffic information from Google analytics we get over 1,000,000 page views per month. If 150 people can do that, they are extremely busy. smile

The 1,000,000 members is free and paid since we've been keeping track. In some ways it's a random number because we didn't start keeping track at the beginning but certainly not a "false" number.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

4/9/2019

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Ronbatman wrote:
The 1,000,000 members is free and paid since we've been keeping track. In some ways it's a random number because we didn't start keeping track at the beginning but certainly not a "false" number.

But it's not a correct number either, so not entirely 'true' since there's no qualifying statement about "since we've been keeping track, so not a current number" to be found except on the forums. my guess is that's it's 4-5 times higher than the actual number of current members. TONS of free members have come and gone and maybe never deleted their accounts. (isn't there a time limit for not logging in for X months/year before your account is closed, like most sites?) lots of paid members come and go too. some leave and come back with new IDs on new computers and get counted again no doubt. Cities don't post population signs and count everyone that ever lived there, why does CPG? It's just a misleading number and false advertising to me, as I've noted before. Hence why no big announcement when it hit 1,000,000. I don't see why it can't be a semi-accurate number now.
+1 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

4/9/2019

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Be it one or a million users/members it is a great site to use for my hobby. Very thankful for all that contribute to make it work, be it the paid workers or the many users that continually upload scans or give data for books.
+2 link