Musing on Conan. Messages in this topic - RSS

shoggoth80
shoggoth80

2/8/2016

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
Ok. I have the Robert E. Howard set of Conan books, and they are great. Have some of his other titles too (Solomon Kane, Bran Mak Morn, Almuric). I like the general world set with these tales. Looking for a jumping off point really. Do these follow the same "tales told around a campfire" feel that the Howard books do? In that you can pick them up mostly wherever and follow along? Is there a specific continuity?

It seems that Conan has been around for a long time in comic/graphic novel format, well before I was born. The Dark Horse stuff interests me. By that merit, I kinda want to read Red Sonja too (Dynamite). Anyone pick up the King Conan titles? I noticed Hour of the Dragon in there (which is a great story in and of itself, speaking on the original). Also, found a Conan of the Isles, which looks like a one shot story.

My local Half Price Books has some of the older issues in their comics bin, but I'm not betting on anything resembling completion in any way. It's a little daunting, simply because there is so much of it out there. I haven't checked the local-ish shops. Lots of Amazon wishlisting happening. I've been taking an hour or two a night to read lately, and flying through volumes, while fun, doesn't take too long. Lol.
0 link
shoggoth80
shoggoth80

2/16/2016

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
Sooo much Conan! Lol.
That in fact is part of the issue of "Where to start?" I have the original stories, they're great. The sheer volume of collected Conan comics/graphic novels is staggering.
+1 link