SPAM Question Messages in this topic - RSS

deadone
deadone

2/7/2016

deadone
deadone
We have all probably noticed the HUGE amount of spam being posted in the new forum lately. I know it happens, so my question is this:

Is it better to report these posts to a moderator for quicker removal or should we just let them be and assume they have already been noticed?
+1 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

2/7/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Speaking from experience it is best to report the posts to a moderator. I messaged two admins in this case and the posts have been removed. There was just too many to report each one. In most cases though reporting them as they show up, if they are in smaller numbers tends to work well. The mods and admins are just not around all the time so reporting them helps out in getting them removed sooner.
0 link
deadone
deadone

2/7/2016

deadone
deadone
Oxbladder wrote:
Speaking from experience it is best to report the posts to a moderator. I messaged two admins in this case and the posts have been removed. There was just too many to report each one. In most cases though reporting them as they show up, if they are in smaller numbers tends to work well. The mods and admins are just not around all the time so reporting them helps out in getting them removed sooner.

I thought the same, and reported two or three in the hopes that the others would be seen and taken care of.
There was just such an onslaught of spam these last few days, I thought I'd ask to stop from becoming a pest myself.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

2/7/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
You a pest? Never.
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

2/8/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
We're still working out the kinks and last week the office was abandoned for our annual break, but we're back at it this week and we'll look at some increased spam protection. smile
0 link
deadone
deadone

2/8/2016

deadone
deadone
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
You a pest? Never.

naughty
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

2/8/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
deadone wrote:
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
You a pest? Never.

naughty

You've been called many things I'm sure but a pest you are not.😀 You are the "fun" in funny.
0 link
deadone
deadone

2/8/2016

deadone
deadone
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
deadone wrote:
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
You a pest? Never.

naughty

You've been called many things I'm sure but a pest you are not.😀 You are the "fun" in funny.

Thanks, HR Toast
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

2/20/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
This Asian SPAM is getting worse, Quite disturbing actually (pissing me off!!!!)
Every single day now, Is there a way for it to be automatically removed before it crashes our great new forum...It seems to be the same crap every-time.

We had to deal with this problem in the old forum as well???

I know you guys are doing your best but enough is enough with this SPAM!
It's probably why we can't get any other problems dealt with like having our missing issues or database errors that are mentioned fixed.
0 link
shoggoth80
shoggoth80

2/22/2016

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
It is rather irritating. Seems to come from a handful of users. Is the best way to help (as a user) to report the various spam posts? I tried seeing if there was a way to report a user, but I didn't readily see one.
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

2/23/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
Yeah, just report the posts for now. We're going to introduce a filter today that will filter out any threads with foreign characters in them. That should eliminate this wave of supposedly South Koreans who have found us
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

2/23/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
netstuffers wrote:
Yeah, just report the posts for now. We're going to introduce a filter today that will filter out any threads with foreign characters in them. That should eliminate this wave of supposedly South Koreans who have found us

That's positive news guys, Thank you.
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

2/29/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
We just pushed up a couple updates aimed at killing the spam robots. We're also finishing up an email verification system to help stop them from signing up in the first place.

Hopefully tonight is "All Quiet" as I know the last few nights have been "All Noisy" upset
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

3/1/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
netstuffers wrote:
We just pushed up a couple updates aimed at killing the spam robots. We're also finishing up an email verification system to help stop them from signing up in the first place.

Hopefully tonight is "All Quiet" as I know the last few nights have been "All Noisy" upset

Very noisy indeed Die die die!

You guys have done well, Thank you.
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/1/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
netstuffers wrote:

Thank you - very grateful to you for filtering by IP address or DNS or what ever works.
0 link