Aquaman Messages in this topic - RSS

ComicsDude
ComicsDude

1/4/2019

ComicsDude
ComicsDude
So I'm a little surprised that we have a thread for the new Mary Poppins movie, but not Aquaman. C'mon guys!!! hahaha....anyways...

I absolutely loved this movie. I felt like it was a breath of fresh air into a DCEU that has been floundering in a lot of people's eyes. The story was spot-on, the CGI was amazing, the costumes....oh my...it's like they were taken right out of the comic. Momoa's casting years ago made me very nervous. I just felt like he didn't look or act like the character, but by the end of this movie? I became a believer. The casting for Black Manta and Ocean Master were great too. I look forward to one or both joining Luthor's Legion of Doom in the future!

What did you guys think of it?
0 link
stevegreer1
stevegreer1

1/4/2019

stevegreer1
stevegreer1
My wife insisted we go see the movie. I can't for the life of me imagine why. Haha! I joked with her and asked why she wasn't so insistent to go when Wonder Woman came out. She of course said, "Why would I want to go see that?"
Anyway, about the movie... As with most of the super hero movies from the past few years, I thought it was waaaayyyyyy tooooooooooo loooooooonnnnnngggg! It could have easily been shortened by at least 20 minutes and still gotten the story across. I really like Jason Momoa. I liked him as Conan because he was made to look almost exactly how my favorite artist, John Buscema, drew him. I think he was a solid pick for the role of Aquaman. I'm just glad they didn't give him that ridiculous harpoon hand.
Overall the movie was great. However, I do like the Justice League movie better.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

1/5/2019

colbalt91
colbalt91
The reason we have a review of Mary Poppins is it is more of a warning not to see it review, as opposed to an Aquaman movie review when most people would see it anyways. And of course it is a pretty good movie, but I would probably just give it a B. I actually thought that Nicole Kidman seemed out of her depth in a superhero movie where as normally she makes some off-the-wall movies and is excellent. The costumes in Aquaman have a sort of Asian influence and that might explain part of why it is so big in China. Anyway I just read where it has surpassed even Venom now in profits. And still rolling.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/8/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When Aquaman comes out of the waterfall in costume, I was blown away. I really enjoyed this movie and felt immersed in the underwater world of Atlantis. If this movie was made 10 or 15 years ago the CGI would have been lame. I'm glad they waited and got it right. Totally honest, I wasn't a fan of Aquaman before this movie.
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

1/9/2019

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Ronbatman wrote:
When Aquaman comes out of the waterfall in costume, I was blown away. I really enjoyed this movie and felt immersed in the underwater world of Atlantis. If this movie was made 10 or 15 years ago the CGI would have been lame. I'm glad they waited and got it right. Totally honest, I wasn't a fan of Aquaman before this movie.

Yep!
I too loved the movie, Was done right.
0 link
WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior

1/11/2019

WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior
I loved it ...it was splashing! wink
0 link