Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

12/3/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
There are spoilers so beware.

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/12/03/middlewest-1-powerful-painful-imaginative-and-interesting/

I recommend this book.
R
0 link
solarno
solarno

12/4/2018

solarno
solarno
As a big Skottie Young fan I had been anxiously awaiting the release of Middlewest. It was one of those titles that I had built up in my mind to be something that would turn into an incredible adventure. Most often in those cases the final product is something of letdown. Not because of any failing of the story, art, or presentation, but because one had imagined it to be something it was never actually intended to be. You also see this happen with stories that are marketed as one thing, but turn out to be something else.

However, Middlewest #1 did not disappoint. It was not a let down. It delivered everything I had hoped for and more. It has beautiful art to go with Young's imaginative and rich storytelling. As Ron's blog post says, it hints at a much deeper story and world waiting to be discovered. Yet it also seems that unlike Young's fantastical world building in I Hate Fairyland, the magical world of Middlewest will be anchored by the practical world that is life in the Midwest.

I'm very much looking forward to where this travels.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

12/7/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Me too!

I've sent Skottie a request for an interview so hopefully, he gives us one.
0 link