1st Appearances of Marvel Characters Messages in this topic - RSS

ComicsDude
ComicsDude

11/30/2018

ComicsDude
ComicsDude
Hi all! First time caller, long time listener here! Wait...that's talk radio. Anyways, I plan on writing more blog posts soon and I decided to help out with the massive undertaking of a 1st appearance list for significant Marvel characters. I'm sure I've missed a few, so if I did, let me know and I'll update it. Enjoy!

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/11/28/1st-appearances-for-marvel-comics-characters/
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/30/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Great job Sean! I'm not just saying this because it saved me hours and hours of work. Really! smile
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

11/30/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
No doubt it was a big list with lots of time spent. Thank you too. A bunch of characters I’ve never knew of.
0 link
Dylman
Dylman

11/30/2018

Dylman
Dylman
Very handy!
0 link

12/1/2018

Well done!

Beyonder (Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1)
Carol Danvers (Marvel Super-Heroes #13)
Bill Foster (Avengers #32)
Groot (Tales to Astonish #13- You have it listed as Annihilation: Conquest – Star-Lord #1)
Hellcat (Patsy Walker first appears in Miss America Magazine #2 Nov 1944, not FF Ann #3)
Moonboy (Devil Dinosaur #1)
0 link
ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey

12/1/2018

ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey
Very nice! Thank you!
0 link
ComicsDude
ComicsDude

12/3/2018

ComicsDude
ComicsDude
Well done!

Beyonder (Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1)
Carol Danvers (Marvel Super-Heroes #13)
Bill Foster (Avengers #32)
Groot (Tales to Astonish #13- You have it listed as Annihilation: Conquest – Star-Lord #1)
Hellcat (Patsy Walker first appears in Miss America Magazine #2 Nov 1944, not FF Ann #3)
Moonboy (Devil Dinosaur #1)

Thanks. I will add the Beyonder and Moonboy. As far as Carol Danvers, I have her listed under Captain Marvel. I know I have Bill Foster somewhere, but I'll need to hunt for it. The Groot you mention is not the same Groot as the one we all know. Lastly, I'll need to research Hellcat.
0 link
henvhee
henvhee

2/24/2019

henvhee
henvhee
i don`t understand why everbody is writing that Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) first appeared as Captain Marvel in Avenging spider-man 9 and why this is such a valuable comic..........???
because carol danvers first appeared as captain marvel in the House of m Comics series, not in avenging spider-man.......so why isn`t House of m #1 the valuable comic?
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

2/26/2019

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
henvhee wrote:
i don`t understand why everbody is writing that Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) first appeared as Captain Marvel in Avenging spider-man 9 and why this is such a valuable comic..........???
because carol danvers first appeared as captain marvel in the House of m Comics series, not in avenging spider-man.......so why isn`t House of m #1 the valuable comic?

Because "House of M" was just an alternate reality made by the Scarlet Witch, so it wasn't "real"Duhh
0 link
henvhee
henvhee

3/3/2019

henvhee
henvhee
rixmaxx wrote:
henvhee wrote:

Because "House of M" was just an alternate reality made by the Scarlet Witch, so it wasn't "real"Duhh

even if it`s a alternate reality, it still was the first appearance of Carol danvers als Captain Marvel...........
the new captain marvel movie also isn`t in the same universe as the marvel comics, so why would it matter?????

and you can also dispute if it is a alternate reality..........because the event happened in real time in the marvel comics universe ..........it had great effect in being the cause of the x-men decimation

carol danvers is one of the caracters that remember the House of m event as beeing real, because of it she decided to become active als Ms Marvel again......
so if its real for her, why not for the marvel comics universe???.................you could even argue that the "House of m" event gave her the idea to take up the Captain marvel name later on in the avenging spider-man......
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

3/3/2019

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
henvhee wrote:
rixmaxx wrote:
henvhee wrote:

even if it`s a alternate reality, it still was the first appearance of Carol danvers als Captain Marvel...........
the new captain marvel movie also isn`t in the same universe as the marvel comics, so why would it matter?????

and you can also dispute if it is a alternate reality..........because the event happened in real time in the marvel comics universe ..........it had great effect in being the cause of the x-men decimation

carol danvers is one of the caracters that remember the House of m event as beeing real, because of it she decided to become active als Ms Marvel again......

so if its real for her, why not for the marvel comics universe???.................you could even argue that the "House of m" event gave her the idea to take up the Captain marvel name later on in the avenging spider-man......

But it all occurred on Earth-58163 not Earth- 616, basically another "What If?" story, another "Bobby Ewing's Death" kinda deal (wow, I'm old) ...……………….Hey, I'm just tellin' you why "the people have spoken" on the book...…………… not that I always agree with "the people" Darth Lightsabers
0 link
henvhee
henvhee

3/3/2019

henvhee
henvhee
rixmaxx wrote:
henvhee wrote:
rixmaxx wrote:
henvhee wrote:

But it all occurred on Earth-58163 not Earth- 616, basically another "What If?" story, another "Bobby Ewing's Death" kinda deal (wow, I'm old) ...……………….Hey, I'm just tellin' you why "the people have spoken" on the book...…………… not that I always agree with "the people" Darth Lightsabers

like i said, the "house of m" event is NOT a "what if" story, it happened in the EARTH 616 universe, otherwise it wouldn`t have had the effects on the earth 616 universe that it had like decimation, carol danvers rising as MS marvel again, wolverine having his memories restored, hawkeye being resurected, and i can go on.......
0 link

3/4/2019

Hey, I'm your side, it doesn't really make sense and I'm not trying to argue but Marvel has stated "after the fact" in several places that it did happen in Earth-58163 (this being one) https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-58163 I would much rather have her first appearance as Captain Marvel be in "House of M", I have quite a few copies of the "House of M" series but only one Avenging Spider-man #9
0 link
Djnrg
Djnrg

8/25/2019

Djnrg
Djnrg
Does anyone know how much a VF/NM the amazing Spider-Man issue 37 is roughly it’s got the 1st appearance of the Osborn corps I believe. I’m new to this site and any help will be greatly appreciated.
0 link
drewzer15
drewzer15

8/25/2019

drewzer15
drewzer15
henvhee wrote:
rixmaxx wrote:
henvhee wrote:

Stop trying to make my book worthless!
0 link
scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975

8/2/2020

scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975
The 1st appearance of Groot from Earth-616 is actually Annihilation: Conquest – Star-Lord #1.
0 link
fdaz89
fdaz89

8/2/2020

fdaz89
fdaz89
What happened to the original blog post?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

8/2/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The blog had some issues at the end of last year. We had to take it down and then reinstall it. All the old posts were removed. I have copies of those posts so I need to find the first appearance post on the hard drive.
Ron
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

8/2/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
scottjones_1975 wrote:
The 1st appearance of Groot from Earth-616 is actually Annihilation: Conquest – Star-Lord #1.

I can see how modern comic collectors suffer because nothing lasting and relevant happens in comics these days. A re-imagining of a character somehow classifies him as a new character.

I do have a couple of questions...

What Earth is depicted in Tales to Astonish #13?

What Earth is depicted in Hulk Annual #5?

Defiant1
0 link
Dowser66
Dowser66

1/26/2022

Dowser66
Dowser66
ComicsDude wrote:
Hi all! First time caller, long time listener here! Wait...that's talk radio. Anyways, I plan on writing more blog posts soon and I decided to help out with the massive undertaking of a 1st appearance list for significant Marvel characters. I'm sure I've missed a few, so if I did, let me know and I'll update it. Enjoy!

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/11/28/1st-appearances-for-marvel-comics-characters/

hi thelink doed not work do you have another list please
0 link