how to get a comic graded? Messages in this topic - RSS

Blackflower1490
Blackflower1490

11/14/2018

Blackflower1490
Blackflower1490
Hi everyone, first time poster and i had a few questions, and would love to hear your personal experiences.

About 4 years ago my brother passed away and he left a decent size box of comics behind so i took them in and gave them a home in my closet. I never read them even though i would love to read a few, but in my head all i can hear is my brother saying "what are you doing your going to devalue them" lol. so after this Tuesday's passing of Stan Lee i pulled them out and actually made sure which ones where in sleeves and if not put them in sleeves. an crossed referenced them on this site with the raw to graded price. an to my amazement my brother knew how to pick comics.

So my question is, how trust worthy is the cgc or cbc for grading and feeling they wont rip you off by replacing your comic with a devalued copy? Are there places you can go to get them graded with out having to ship them?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/15/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I'm sorry about your brother's passing.

CGC and CBCS are trusted resources in our community. I've been able to see the behinds the scenes look on how they grade and handle the books. They are more careful than you or I are with the books. Both of those companies set up at major conventions and take books that way but you still have to wait for the grading. Check out their sites for more information on submitting a book.
Ron
0 link