The Walking Dead 15th Anniversary Blind Bags Messages in this topic - RSS

rhudman
rhudman

11/7/2018

rhudman
rhudman
Are the blind bags going to be added? I see issue #1 was added but no others. It has been 5 weeks now.
0 link
DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos

11/9/2018

DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos
there has been a few post on here about it ..as i am waiting also
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/9/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The best way to get a book added is to submit it, whether that is a regular issue or a variant. Any member can do that. Some of our admins NEVER check the forums. However, when an admin logs on they see the dashboard and the issues that need to be approved/researched.
0 link
rhudman
rhudman

11/12/2018

rhudman
rhudman
Ronbatman wrote:
The best way to get a book added is to submit it, whether that is a regular issue or a variant. Any member can do that. Some of our admins NEVER check the forums. However, when an admin logs on they see the dashboard and the issues that need to be approved/researched.

Funny thing. I did submit them. EVERY SINGLE ONE. They still aren't there.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/13/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Rhudman, It looks like you submitted them on November 11th. Submitting a book doesn't mean that it will automatically appear. It means that someone can now start the research process, check pricing, look for images and then approve it. Thank you for submitting them.
0 link
Bbarbour79
Bbarbour79

11/14/2018

Bbarbour79
Bbarbour79
rhudman wrote:
Are the blind bags going to be added? I see issue #1 was added but no others. It has been 5 weeks now.

There are variant covers that I submitted over 3 months ago that still aren't added. I give them the store they are exclusive to, the print numbers, artists. All the information is right there. Then there are some that I submit that have beautiful high quality scans that I scan myself, just under 5mb that are crystal clear and after a month of waiting the comic finally gets added but it's someones small scan that you can barely make out. I think I'm done trying to submit anything. Not worth the time and frustration.
0 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

11/15/2018

Jayc13
Jayc13
Ronbatman wrote:
Rhudman, It looks like you submitted them on November 11th. Submitting a book doesn't mean that it will automatically appear. It means that someone can now start the research process, check pricing, look for images and then approve it. Thank you for submitting them.

ok since i just re-joined and going all in . as I posted on the other thread. why does it take so long? You should be able to get all the info from Diamond product database. I use to use Comicbase and they had weekly updates.
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/15/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I think there are several things in play with this. All of our regular issues are put into the system by one of our admins who spends hours at a comic shop scanning each book in. He looks at the indicia and is virtually 100% right in what he does. I'm saying "virtually" because no one is perfect but I've never found a mistake from him. He's amazing. (Looking at you, Jesse) He puts in hundreds of books each week. A week or so ago he was gone and everyone on the site noticed.

The issues that we have trouble adding are the box issues or the special publisher issues. If someone isn't a walking Dead fan they might not know about these blind bag issues. This is what previews said, https://previewsworld.com/Article/197393-Image-Comics-25th-Anniversary-Blind-Box-Variant-Rarity-Revealed So hopefully, you can see why there is some confusion on these issues.

The Stan Lee Box set issues were another set that we missed some of the issues. Primarily because they are outside Diamond's distribution channel. This week I spend days trying to find all of them for my article on it.

Totally honest with the next paragraph so read at your risk.
We will never be "caught up" on everything. It's impossible. From our point of view we need people to help us with the issues we don't know about. If you can be positive in your help that keeps us going. The negative comments keep some admins away from the forum because they work so hard and people only notice the mistakes or the things we miss. I'm here and I'm trying to help. I've been working on Walking Dead today. Here is my email address if you want to email me about anything. ron@comicspriceguide.com
+4 link
rhudman
rhudman

11/15/2018

rhudman
rhudman
Ron, I appreciate your response. If more admins responded and gave people a sense of caring like you, the negative comments would die down. I have posted in the past and got no response. Sometimes for months. Again, thank you for your taking time to respond in this manner and I hope the other admins can be as helpful as you moving forward.
+2 link
shavagonew
shavagonew

11/15/2018

shavagonew
shavagonew
One thing I've appreciated is when the Completed Missing Issues thread is utilized. It shows that the reported missing issues are being worked on and it removes the thread from the main topic eliminating the clutter and allowing the powers at be to see a clearer picture on what needs to be addressed. Personally, I have been waiting on some issues to be added for well over a year, but I'm a patient guy. You can't please everybody and keep up the good work everybody.
0 link
Nanes
Nanes

11/25/2018

Nanes
Nanes
Its slowly getting them added, there are still 4 issues with each having 4 variants left. Issues 127, 132, 167, 171.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/26/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
According to my review all of the Blind Bag issues are in with pricing and creator information. I might be missing a couple cover scans for issue 171.

I don't think this is information that I've seen before but there are 65 blind bag issues. Most have 4 variants but a few have a secret or special variant. Check out issues 98, 100 and 108 for some of the weirder or more rare variants.
R
+1 link
rhudman
rhudman

11/26/2018

rhudman
rhudman
Thanks Ron! I will keep an eye out!
0 link