Alamo City Comic Con Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

10/27/2018

colbalt91
colbalt91
I thought this Con might have problems when I did not even find out about it till Wednesday. I had seen no cards or posters anywhere at any of the comic shops in Austin, Texas which is 75 miles away from San Antonio. Now I saw where Sean McKeever arrived and there was no guest pass for him, no place for him to put his books and he had no idea if there was a hotel for him. Whoever is running this Con is running it into the ground. This Con seems to have a heavy emphasis on celebrities more than comic book artists, so maybe that is the problem too.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

10/29/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
colbalt91 wrote:
I thought this Con might have problems when I did not even find out about it till Wednesday. I had seen no cards or posters anywhere at any of the comic shops in Austin, Texas which is 75 miles away from San Antonio. Now I saw where Sean McKeever arrived and there was no guest pass for him, no place for him to put his books and he had no idea if there was a hotel for him. Whoever is running this Con is running it into the ground. This Con seems to have a heavy emphasis on celebrities more than comic book artists, so maybe that is the problem too.

You should contact them and volunteer to run it yourself!
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

12/21/2018

colbalt91
colbalt91
This week I heard some more incompetence at the Alamo City Comic Con. There was some premium package with Jim Lee which included a lithograph that never appeared. The Alamo City people thought Jim Lee would bring it with him and Jim Lee said that was not what it was supposed to be. Anyway supposedly a lot of people that had charged the event with their charge cards we're able to get their money back through the card company. I heard this from a comic shop owner.
edited by colbalt91 on 12/21/2018
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

12/22/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
You need to take care of the talent or they won't come back so that's a big issue. Hopefully they can get these things worked out.
0 link
Minimilk
Minimilk

1/21/2019

Minimilk
Minimilk
Yo there is a con in Irving Tx on the 2nd of Febuary.
0 link