Halloween starring Jamie Lee Curtis 2018 Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

10/16/2018

colbalt91
colbalt91
This is definitely a movie that should never have been made. It is like the people behind it decided they needed to move Halloween into the 21st century. In fact, near the beginning of the movie they have people discussing how compared to today's killings, Michael Myers having only killed five, pales in comparison. And as if to make that up it seems like everything is sped up. The first obvious speed up is the soundtrack, especially the well-known Halloween theme song. Then it's as if they wanted to try to get a character in for every possible person that could show up in their audience. There are gay people, a lot more black people, and a lot more whatever people. The upshot is they have very little time to spend on anybody and when you finally see the ending credits you realize just how many people they piled into this film that they had no time to spend with, or for the audience to get to know. But it does not seem to matter to the powers that be because they are trying to make up for Michael Myers slim tally of deaths as in this movie he just goes on a killing spree and tries to bring his killings into the modern era. Hardly any time is spent on any character, even the major characters and you just do not care. A movie to avoid. Find a DVD or VHS of the first Halloween.
edited by colbalt91 on 10/17/2018
edited by colbalt91 on 10/17/2018
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

10/17/2018

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Thanks for the heads-up. Will avoid smile
0 link
stevegreer1
stevegreer1

10/17/2018

stevegreer1
stevegreer1
I was not planning on watching this movie to begin with. But now after reading your review I definitely will not be watching it. I loved the original Halloween. I'm also one of the minority of people who actually thought Rob Zombie's remake was really good. But enough is enough.
0 link