Missing: Amazing Spider-Man #800 Conclusion Cover Messages in this topic - RSS

phoph
phoph

7/5/2018

phoph
phoph
I could not find this cover in the database. If it is listed elsewhere please let me know. Thanks

01. TITLE: Amazing Spider-Man #800: Go Down Swinging (Conclusion Cover)

02. PUBLISHER: Marvel Worldwide, Inc.

03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED:USA
04. COUNTRY PRINTED: USA

=====================================================
05. ISSUE #: 800
06. COVER PRICE: $9.99
07. DATE: July 2018
08. ISSUE NOTES: 80 Pages
09. PRINT RUN (If Known or Listed):
10. ISBN/ISSN# (If Listed):
11. URL TO COVER SCAN (If Available):

""[IMG]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/phoph/Amazing%20Spider-Man%20800.jpg[/IMG]
0 link
Dylman
Dylman

7/5/2018

Dylman
Dylman
That is interesting.... I think they all say CONCLUSION, except for the cover scan that was used on this site, which reads PART FOUR. Trippy.

Maybe they used a stock image of the comic before it was released, and it was originally going to read PART FOUR?
edited by Dylman on 7/5/2018
0 link
solarno
solarno

7/6/2018

solarno
solarno
Based on the barcodes I believe that the cover images that say "Part Four" are an early mockup of the final cover. As shown above, the proper cover image which says "Conclusion" has the correct barcode ending in 80011. Those five digits refer to the issue number (800), cover variant (1), and print run (1). The cover image as found on CPG that says "Part Four" shows a barcode ending in 79811 which references issue #798.

My guess is that the "Part Four" image is from the original Diamond solicitation which would also explain why that version does not have the "80 Pages!..." tag on the bottom. I've found consistent versions of both cover images around the internet.
edited by solarno on 7/6/2018
0 link
Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator

7/6/2018

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Good catch! I've replaced it with the correct cover. I've noticed that the majority of the Diamond solicitation covers are mock-up covers, as well as the on-line comic stores. Midtown Comics

used to scan original covers for their on-line site but are using almost all mock-up covers now. Mycomicshop.com is the only site I am aware of that scans their own covers now. They are a good
source to verify whether a cover scan is correct.

Jesse
0 link
phoph
phoph

7/6/2018

phoph
phoph
Thanks everyone for the info. The "Part Four"/"Conclusion" discrepancy had me a little put off. Add to that the 3 lines at the bottom left of the cover and I just wasn't sure. As always, I was hoping to have stumbled onto a rare and valuable cover....

The Almighty Phoph
0 link