Any Cons Coming Up-Next Six Months? Messages in this topic - RSS

willallen
willallen

6/22/2018

willallen
willallen
No-brainer, right? I'm looking to get on as a vendor at a few sci-fi/comic cons in the next 6 months for some promotional work with my small publishing company. We do books (sci-fi, fantasy, horror, post-apocalyptic) not comics, but the synergy so far has been pretty good. Preferably in the south, since me and my fellow writers are all in either Houston, Ft. Worth, or Shreveport, LA area.
Funny thing is, we did Comicpalooza in Houston last month and sold a lot of books but didn't have as much fun as we usually do at the smaller conventions. I talked to more than one dealer there who complained that the cost of parking ($25 per day) and the ticket prices ($45 per day up to $78 for three day pass) kept people's wallets in their pockets. Any suggestions? We are committed already to the one in Hot Spring, Arkansas in a few months but otherwise clear for the rest of the year.
0 link
dav1
dav1

6/26/2018

dav1
dav1
dragon con in atlanta it is on august 30 to sept 3 i dont no prices for vendors
0 link
willallen
willallen

7/12/2018

willallen
willallen
Thanks, Dave. DragonCon is on my list to attend at some point, but probably not in the next year or two. Looking for something smaller. I was a bit overwhelmed by Comicpalooza, so considering maybe going to something more along the lines of GeekCon in Shreveport, LA. That one was recently suggested to me.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

7/13/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
Anyone in southeast that wants to start small as a vendor, please send me a message. I am looking to share/ sub-let space at regional cons for Nashville in Dec 2018 and Huntsville, AL Mar 2019.
This way you can start with less than a booth for minimal cost/risk.

KDS
0 link