Incredibles 2 Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

6/12/2018

colbalt91
colbalt91
Incredibles 2 is a fun movie, but not quite as good as the first. This movie tried too hard to have heart. I felt it knocked itself out trying to be a family movie, when it should have been more a superhero movie. I think the possibility of trying to get Academy Awards bogged this movie down. Also, in keeping with the women's empowerment movement Elastigirl is given a big part in this movie over her husband. There are some drab colors used in the first third of the movie which would be more appropriate for a Batman movie. But maybe this helps get Academy Awards. You should still enjoy this movie, but it is just not as good as the first.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/12/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The first movie was a surprisingly enjoyable movie for me and I'm hopeful for the second. (haven't seen it yet) Didn't you think the first one was about a family working together with a focus on Mr. Incredible? The second one tries too hard to duplicate that feeling? I think they should focus on another character in the family for this movie but are you saying it was too political? (hate political movies for either side)
0 link