Overstreet?? Messages in this topic - RSS

Zanyzane
Zanyzane

5/21/2018

Zanyzane
Zanyzane
I've always used Overstreet as a price guide, and was wondering how this site compares in values of comics??
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/21/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I can tell you that Overstreet only updates 1 time per year which makes it horribly out of date on books that are rising because of a movie, show or new appearance. Comics Price Guide updates often, we try to make daily updates on prices. We also have more grades listed, as well as graded vs. raw. In my opinion, they have a long history but that's the only advantage.
+2 link
Biddle7819
Biddle7819

5/21/2018

Biddle7819
Biddle7819
Another thing to add is that CPG lists thousands more books than Overstreet, can get 99.9% of my collection valued here
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

5/23/2018

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
No guide is 100% accurate. Whether you use Overstreet or CPG you will never have completely up to date values. Even in this age of global market you will still get regional differences in values. Not to mention all guides are reactionary and only reflect an average (or whatever) for one specific slice of time. Finally, unless you are buying and selling they are actually worth nothing at all.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

5/24/2018

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Wise words guys.
Here in Australia, relative/common comic books are more expensive then in America. In many cases harder to find.
Therefore the guides are ...well guides!
0 link
bigbilly
bigbilly

11/26/2018

bigbilly
bigbilly
I joined here in 2008 and it's my favorite guide to use. In this 10 years time most all common books the prices have stayed the same in the guide, but anything of interest is selling for more now, especially in the lower grades. Looking at recent comic book listings that have ended on eBay is very useful these days.
0 link
DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos

8/18/2019

DarkKrytos
DarkKrytos
around here most store use eBay to see what to see stuff for.. I got one variant off the shelf at this one shop and he went to eBay then try to sell it to me for 15 I passed on it ..
I miss the days of guides being used lol
0 link